An Open Letter To My College Besties

An Open Letter To My College Besties

Life would never be the same without you.
835

To my college best friends,

Growing up, I always thought the friends I made when I was little and in high school would be the people I’d consider friends for the rest of my life.

But when I came to college, I met all of you, and I never could’ve imagined how important you would all become to me.

Coming to college was a very hard transition, but you guys made it so much easier. From feeling overwhelmed with schoolwork to feeling homesick from time to time, we were always going through the same things.

You became the people I could talk to about anything. It’s hard to believe we were strangers at some point in our lives because now I can’t imagine my life without any of you.

I met most of you by chance, but I think of it more as fate. We were all meant to be friends and go through these crazy four years together. When I'm back home for breaks, I always wish I could be back at school hanging out with you guys.

You’re there for me when I’m sad. When something’s wrong, you can tell and know to ask me what’s up, and you appreciate who I am and never take me for granted. You shape me into a better person each and every day.

I’m thankful for all the times you’ve made my bad days better and my good days even greater. I’m thankful for the advice, the adventures, the laughs, and that we are always craving sushi at the same time.

I can only hope I am giving you the friendship you are giving me. Our gang of friends has become more like a family to me than anything else. You make school feel more like a home.

I’ve only known you for a short amount of time, but our friendships are much greater than the ones I’ve had with people my entire life. People come and go, but I know you guys are always here to stay.

We know each other inside and out, and I am so lucky to have met you. You are the lifelong friends I have been waiting to meet and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for us and our friendship.

Love,

Your college bestie