An Open Letter to my Best Friend

An Open Letter to my Best Friend

I saw what he never did.
684

Seeing your best friend hurting and not being able to help is one of the things that I continue to struggle with. It’s frustrating when you see so much light and love inside one person and other people are too blinded by things that don’t matter to notice.

My best friend has been here for me for the past 18 years. Through every single break up, every single sleepless night and every moment where I needed her, no matter the day or time. She is loyal, loving, understanding, wise way beyond her years and sweet as all hell.

I just want to say thank you to her ex boyfriend who thought he broke her. You made her stronger and thanks to you she finally sees her worth.

Your worthless comments, your manipulative actions only made her stronger. She realizes she doesn’t need anyone but herself. And she sure as hell is worth more than the shitty attempted love you tricked her into thinking you gave. While you’re out there with the girls you told her not to worry about she is no longer wasting her time on guys who refuse to see her value.

I want my best friend to know that we see all of the things he never did. All of the qualities you possess that I can only pray I can one day obtain. I want to thank you for being in my life because without it I know I would be a completely different person. I am thankful for our friendship and I am thankful for you.