An Open Letter to Incoming Freshman

The graduating class of 2020 already got the short end of the stick when it came to the ending of their senior year. You guys lost prom, graduation, grad bash, and all of the memories you would have made in between. Now, your first year of college is being tampered with due to COVID. I know that it must be terribly frustrating and stressful. But, I want you guys to know that college is going to be the best years of your life. Do not let COVID ruin that, you can still have a successful freshman year!

My biggest piece of advice to you pertaining to COVID is this, be smart. Continue to wear a mask in public and hang out with smaller groups. While clubs and bars have been open recently, most are shutting down again. Despite this fact, be smart about going out to places with big groups especially when not wearing a mask. The only way we can make this go away is if we all stick together in taking the necessary precautions.

In order for you to make the most of your freshman year is the remain focused. When it is time for classes, make yourself a normal schedule that will separate school time and play time. This will ensure you are doing your schoolwork, while also enjoying your social life. I also really encourage all of you to explore your campus and learn it's ins and outs. Some of my favorite study spots on campus are the ones I have found on my own while exploring.

Lastly, I want you guys to keep your head held high, because this is a very stressful time for everyone. I am sure getting yourselves ready to start college during a global pandemic is extremely difficult. Keep your head held high and know that you will get it all done. And just know that college is READY FOR YOU!