To Stressed Out College Students During Finals Week

You've got this, I promise.

198
Huffington Post

Hey, you on the verge of a mental breakdown, with highlighter-covered hands and a coffee-stained shirt.

It's OK. Breathe.

I understand this is the most stressful time of the year for you. I know you're scared. I know you're exhausted. I know you want to study and get a 156 percent on your final, but also just want to drop out and call it quits. I also know you might be feeling alone in all this.

You are not alone, and your feelings are completely valid. I want you to keep a few things in mind as you progress through the next week or so.

Firstly, it's important that you work hard this week. Minimize useless distractions (Netflix, Facebook, etc.) during study time. The time you put into studying will be more worthwhile if it's distraction free. Put on some good study tunes and put in that work, work, work. Know that you are smart, strong, and capable. You can do it, I promise.

That being said, work hard, but do not work yourself to the bone. Take care of yourself, because your emotional and physical well-being is more important than any grade, project, or GPA. You need to eat good foods with healthy fats for brain function, get plenty of sleep (Including 20-minute power naps if necessary), get some exercise, and give yourself time to do things that make you happy. In the end, you will perform better if you got eight hours of sleep than if you study for those last two sleep-deprived hours. You deserve to feel good and you should not undervalue your physical and mental health.

Furthermore, do not be afraid to reach out for help, be it emotionally or academically. Talk to your friends, your professor, or your parents. It is not shameful to ask for help or to talk. You do not have to bottle up your feelings inside.There are so many people that want you to do well, and know you are capable of achieving anything. Your family and friends believe in you. I believe in you.

I'm not going to lie to you, this week is going to be hard. It's going to be hard for every college student in the country. But you've got this, and you can handle any hurdle thrown at you. You are intelligent, valuable, powerful, and capable. You are going to kick some serious ass on those exams and you are going to do great things. Your grades do not determine your value. I want you to wake up everyday before your exam, put on some Queen B and/or T Swizzle, look in the mirror and tell yourself how flawless you are. You can tackle that final exam or paper or lab practical with grace and vigor. And look good while you do it to.

You got this because