To The 2018 Version Of Me, This Is For You

I promise to make you proud this year.

52
Brooke Tominey

This isn't going to be filled with typical new years resolutions because I don't necessarily believe in that. We should always be growing and changing and having goals set out for ourselves constantly, and not only when a new year begins every 12 months. It just seems silly to me, so instead of that, I just wanted to write a simple letter that is filled with little reminders for myself to keep in mind throughout 2018.

To the 2018 version of me:

I will always stay true to myself and my values because I owe it to myself and I deserve to be the best version of myself that I can be.

I will not be so hard on myself when things do not always go as planned because that is not how life always works.

I will be okay with making mistakes and use it as a learning experience instead of focusing on being a perfectionist.

I will become more confident and content with who I am as a person because there is no one else in the world like me, and that is pretty damn awesome.

I will be more open to building long-lasting connections with people who actually matter.

I will not feel bad about putting my wants and desires before anything else, it's okay to be selfish from time to time.

I will work hard and dedicate my time to only the things that truly matter to me and make me feel happy.

I will be open to any changes that may come my way throughout the year and embrace new opportunities.

I will try to be happy every single day and spread positivity among others, regardless of what is going on in my life.

I will remain thankful for each day and make sure to live my life the way I want.

I will make myself proud at the end of the day and love who I am, no matter what.