8 Ways The Season 8 Premiere of 'American Horror Story: Apocalypse' Had Me Shook AF

Y'all, this season is gonna be a wiiiiiild ride.

7

Any American Horror Story fan was on the edge of their seats for the highly anticipated premiere of the "Coven"/"Murder House" crossover, "Apocalypse." And boy, after watching it, I was not disappointed in the slightest. I was on the edge of my seat the entire episode and I can tell this season is going to be like no other. I literally can't wait to see what happens next.

This article contains spoilers

​1. The apocalypse comes by missiles taking us all out.

With all of the talk of nuclear warfare in our real world right now, this hit a little too close to home (ba dum tss). In the beginning of the show, missile alarms go off on everyone's phones and newscasters announce that entire cities have been wiped out by this missile warfare. This was terrifying and I was shook.

2. Evan Peters' character's rich grandmother was in disbelief of their current missile situation and pulled out her phone to "call Donald" to see what was going on.

I was DEAD at this. Evie Gallant, the boujee old lady, literally couldn't believe what was going on so she was really about to whip up her phone and call her good pal, the president. This lady is a CHARACTER.

​3. One of the characters knowingly left her husband to die in the fallout.

A new rich bitch Apocalypse character, Coco St. Pierre Vanderbilt, had her billionaire father set up a private jet with four tickets to come and get them to save them from the fallout of the nuclear missiles that were launched. She immediately called her husband to get him to meet her at the jet, but when he can't get there fast enough, she tells him that he can get with whoever he wants before she flies off in her jet and leaves him to die.

4. They used ancestry test results to determine whose genetics were worth saving.

Another new Apocalypse character, Timothy, was saved from the fallout by a mysterious squad who rolled up to his house and selected only him to come with them to be saved based on his superior genetic makeup shown to them by an ancestry test he took. With the mysterious things they can do with genetic testing things today, this was a really scary part.

5. Sarah Paulson.

Sarah Paulson is a queen and her apocalypse character lives up to the standard. She will be playing her murder house and coven characters as well, adding three times the excitement for this season. Honestly, Sarah could play every single character (except for maybe one Evan Peters role) and I would still watch. She is true American Horror Story royalty and should be treated as such.

​6. The only survivors will be the rich and the genetically worthy.

In addition to the genetically worthy that the ancestry tests identified, the only other survivors from the apocalypse were people who were able to buy their way into the fallout shelters. This is kind of a scary reality if there really were to be an apocalypse. Unless there was something extraordinary about you, the only people who would probably have the means to survive would be the rich and the special. This season is tapping into some pretty real stuff.

7. The survivors were fed nutrition jello.

The way that they kept all of the survivors in the fallout shelter fed was they gave them very small blocks of jello that were supposed to give them all of the nutrients they needed. This was terrifying because they were all still hungry afterward and who knows what was actually in them? Even more terrifying yet is that they had to cut down their already limited portions as time went on to make sure they could survive for longer.

​8. Michael Langdon returned to the show.

Any murder house fan knows who Michael Langdon is. At the end of the episode, a mysterious man showed up at the fallout shelter and presented his ID which read "Michael Langdon." Michael was the surviving son and antichrist child of Tate Langdon (my literal husband) and Vivian Harmon (Violet's mom). He's an adult now and is the first portion of the promised crossover season between coven and murder house.

I can't wait to see what this season has in store!