7 Ways To Ensure You Have An Amazing Galentine's Day

“We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.”
232

Single on Valentine's Day and desperately looking for plans? Not to fear, Leslie Knope is here! Galentine's Day, held every February 13th, is the holiday of celebrating your lady friends, created by everyone's favorite Parks and Recreation character, Leslie Knope. Here's some tips and tricks to ensure that you and your gal pals can have a day full of girl power and fun, without the romanticism and stress of Valentine's Day!

1. Spa day

Grab your besties and head over to the spa for some facials, manicures or pedicures: whatever that will help you destress.

2. Brunch

As Leslie says, "We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third." Head to a little cute cafe and enjoy some waffles and chit chat with your ladies.

3. Galentine's gifts

Whether it's fuzzy socks, candy or a Valentine's Day card, nothing shows someone you love them like a little gift.

4. Movie night

Snuggle up with a bowl of popcorn and get ready for a night of rom-coms. Classics like Nicolas Sparks' movies or "Love Actually" ensure a sob story. If you're feeling adventurous, head to the theater as "Fifty Shades Freed" opens February 9th.

5. Baking night

Make some sweet treats in the kitchen and indulge with some sweet treats. Treat yo self, it's Valentine's Day!

6. Valentine boxes

Everyone always looked forward to Valentine's Day in elementary school. You were always overly proud of the box you made and couldn't wait to receive candy from all of your classmates. Why not throw it back and do it this year with your friends? Relive the glory days.

7. Fondue night

Sitting around a chocolate fountain with all of your friends? Sounds like a good night to me! Indulge in some sweets, salty snacks, and fruits dipped in chocolate or a dip of your choice!

Hopefully, all of these ideas give you something to do instead of spending Valentine's Day crying in your room because you're single. As long as there's some female empowerment and waffles, I'm sure Leslie Knope will approve.