I Am Learning To Love Myself, And You Should Too

Start the year off with a great mindset, and confidence.
191

Maybe it’s the season of winter, having everything dark, cold and dreary that is making you feel down. Maybe it’s the stress of a new semester upon us, and we are nervous on how well we will do this time around.

Maybe you are getting too caught up in something else that you forget to take care of yourself. There are a million and one reasons how you can possibly stop loving yourself. As much as you should care about other people and other things, at some point, you need to put yourself first.

When you lose yourself in something, you could either go crazy or just break down it seems. You are putting all your time and energy, and your whole life into something else, completely forgetting about yourself.

It’s never too late to turn this around. One of my New Year’s resolutions, or a ‘resolves’ (see my article “Some New Year’s ‘Resolves’”) was to take care, and love myself again. With the year coming to a close, there was a lot going on with finals, Christmas, and friends to deal with. (It doesn’t have to be just that, it can be a number of reasons too).

You can always get lost in the hustle and bustle of life. And that is okay! Just make sure you start to take more time for yourself.

For example, I have started writing more, taking long hot showers, having more relax-Netflix time, eating a sweet treat, or maybe even buying something a little special for myself because I deserve it, or maybe even try something you have always wanted to try, and then reconnect with an old friend along the way. Do things that make you happy!

This is a time for a little detox from the world, and focus on yourself because you kind of are your whole world, and no matter how stressed or worn out it may seem, it’s your world, and you need to take care of it, and learn to love yourself!