There Will Always Be Good Ole Days, We Just Have To Make More

Remember the good ole days but always make more.
1339

As we go home for the summer and begin our jobs and internships I can’t help but think about other events in my life. The past few months have been pretty crazy for me. In this semester I got to do some amazing things such as broadcast at a baseball game, close down my favorite bar with my best friend and witness my school win a national championship.

While these are some great events in my life, it sometimes can be overshadowed by the times that weren’t as great to me. I lost one of my favorite campers in a plane crash, the internship I had accepted in December had stopped doing the program two months before it began, there were times when I was down in the dumps and of course I had to remember that the people I started college with were graduating while I stayed an extra year.

There will be ups and downs at certain times but it's up to us to bounce back.

This semester was one for the books but I kept remembering a phrase from one of my favorite shows "The Office." While as goofy and cringing it can be at times it has also taught me some important lessons. From when Jim reminds Pam how important she is to him, Michael telling Jim to never give up or Michael writing a recommendation letter for Dwight, there are many moments that I have kept close to me. One of which is the phrase “I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.” In the last episode, Andy Bernard is reflecting on his time at Dunder Mifflin and he ends with this line and in this line, I realize that through all the ups and downs there will be more memories to make.

Similar to Andy Bernard in "The Office" I reference the good ole days whether it is my time at Ramah Darom as a camper or growing up in Mobile. As I get older I learn that eventually it will all become the good old days and some of the things done in your past might not be as relevant to your present. Recently my best friend graduated along with other close friends. When I was spending time with them we kept referencing freshman and sophomore year. When bringing these times up I realized these were my good ole days in addition to the memories I created back in Mobile and at Ramah. Going back to "The Office," Andy states how he finally has his dream job and can go back to the place that was home to him. However, he can’t stop thinking about all the friends and memories he created at Dunder Mifflin.

When we go into a specific situation we look at it one way but when we leave we see it another way.

There are so many good ole days in my life but I have started to come to the conclusion that eventually they will all become the good old days. Each day along with our friends we continue to make memories some good some might be bad but when we next see our friends we talk about these memories as if they were years old. When I began college all I could think about were the friends I left at home and if I would meet people similar to them. In the four years I have spent at college, I can say that there are many good ole days but not every good ole day has to be a day that was earlier in life.

We continue to make memories and there are going to be many good ole days throughout life as we get older. We might prefer certain memories but we will never know when we are in the good ole days. We can make extraordinary memories and each day can be better than the last.