7 Alternative New Years Resolutions

7 Alternative New Years Resolutions

Let's face it, you're not going to go to the gym.

Every year we all make the same resolutions: to lose weight, eat healthier, go to the gym more. If you made it past two weeks with your resolution, congratulations! I think you have made it more than most. This year, try making a resolution that you will actually keep and better yourself in the long run. Here are a list of some unique New Years resolutions to consider:

1. Spend more time with your family.

Every moment you have with them is precious. Life is too fast to blow by and not spend time with people you care about most.

2. Stop making excuses.

Tell the truth. No one likes a liar, just be honest with people.

3. Keep yourself up to date on current events.

There is a lot of negatives as well as positives happening in the world everyday. Set your phone to give you breaking news updates. This is a great way to start.

4. Do a puzzle every night before bed.

A Sudoku a day will keep your brain engaged and help keep up productivity throughout the day.

5. Save a dollar a day.

At the end of the year, you'll have $365 dollars that will be a nice reward. You can plan a mini vacation, buy yourself something nice, or use that money as your Christmas present shopping so that the season doesn't hurt you at the end of the year.

6. Appreciate the small things in life.

Stop and smell the roses and just spend time outside. The world is a beautiful place and it's rare people actually stop and look at its beauty. Try to plan an in town day trip once a month to go hiking or to a local botanical garden.

7. Do at least one good deed a day.

Something as small as holding the door open for someone can make their day. Try to do something nice for someone else everyday. It doesn't have to cost you any money.