6 Reasons Why You Should Support Alpha Delta Pi's Homers And Hogs

An annual philanthropy you won't want to miss!
159

For the women of Alpha Delta Pi, the week leading up to their Homers and Hogs event is a time where they are able to come together and make a significant difference in the community. This annual philanthropy consists of various events throughout the week, ending with a home run derby. Besides the exciting events, the philanthropy supports Ronald McDonald House Charities right here in Tallahassee.

1. Car chalking.

Kicking off the week, Alpha Delta Pi will be writing on car windows to spread the word about the upcoming events for the week. Stop by the Civic Center on Tuesday, October 10th from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. If you're a member of a fraternity, and your brother is participating in our Diamond Man competition, this is an easy way for you to help his campaign.

2. Chipotle share at night.

Come out to the Chipotle on Tennessee Street on October 11 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. A percentage of the money earned will be going back to Alpha Delta Pi's philanthropy.

3. Ronald McDonald House Charities.

For many families with a sick child, they are required to travel far from home in order for their child to receive proper care. Staying in hotels for long periods of time can be expensive and exhausting. Families are forced to commute back and forth, leaving their family divided for periods of time.

This is why the Ronald McDonald House was created, to give a home away from home to families in need. Thanks to RMHC, families are reunited and are able to remain close to their sick child while he or she is receiving care. Since Alpha Delta Pi's partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities in 1979, they have raised over 16 million dollars for the organization.

The Iota chapter of Alpha Delta Pi is lucky to have a Ronald McDonald House here in Tallahassee. Because of this, they are able to witness firsthand, the impact that the money fundraised from Homers and Hogs has on the house.

4. BBQ dinner.

Every year, the women of Alpha Delta Pi open their home to the community of Tallahassee for a BBQ dinner. The event will take place from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the house and tickets will be $5. Your ticket will include your meal and they can be purchased at the door, or from a sister.

5. Pop tab competition.

The pop tab competition will be part of the Diamond Man competition. At the BBQ dinner, the men competing will see who can accumulate the most pop tabs. These pop tabs are then given to Ronald McDonald House Charities where they exchange them for money to help the organization.

6. Homers and Hogs.

At the new intramural fields, Alpha Delta Pi hosts a home run derby, known as Homers and Hogs. With food, sports, games, and music, this annual event welcomes everyone in the community to make a team. Make a team of 5 for $75 to participate in the fun!