All you need to know about Suction Pool Cleaners
Travel

Cleaning a pool is not easy, but its a necessity. Using the right pool cleaner can take up most of that pool cleaning burden off of your shoulders. But with so many types of pool cleaners out in the market, choosing the right one for your pool can be daunting. So, lets simplify it for you.

81

There are three types of pool cleaners you can buy in the market as of today.

They are:

1. Suction pool cleaners
2. pressure pool
3. Robotic pool cleaners

While all three have their pros and cons, for this article we will be focusing on Suction pool cleaners. They are the most pocket friendly and versatile type of pool cleaner, and if you are a first-time pool owner, suction pool cleaners would be your best buy since they are hassle-free and easy to use. But before you make up your mind to buy one, lets understand what is a suction pool cleaner.

What are suction pool cleaners?

Suction pool cleaners work in tandem with your pool filtration system (the line that sucks water out of your pool to be filtered). It attaches to the suction port of your pool filter pump to create a vacuum that sucks the debris out of your pool surface. The debris then gets filtered by your existing pool filtration system.

How does suction pool cleaners work?

As the name suggests, suction pool cleaners create a suction to remove the dirt from your pool floor. Suction cleaner hose is hooked to the skimmer on the suction side of the pool. There are no onboard motors in the cleaner as the suction is created from your pool's suction side motors. The cleaner will automatically move around in your pool in random direction and also climb up the walls to clean every surface.

Now that we understand what suction pool cleaners are and how they work, its time to discuss the pros and cons of suction type pool cleaners.

Pros:- Very budget friendly- very easy to install and operate- Easy to maintain since there are very few moving parts.
Cons:- Long cleaning time: It takes around 3-4 hours to clean medium sized pool. Speed depends on pool's pump size.- Pool filters need to be cleaned and changed more often- can clog with large debris like leaves

Now if you have made up your mind to buy a suction pool cleaner, here are the top three recommendations (taken from summerpoolfun.com)

Hayward PHS41CST Aquanaut Suction Vacuum

Hayward is one of the most well known brands in pool cleaner category, With over 80-years of experience in pool cleaner market, it has produced some of the best pool cleaners you will find in the market. Its Aqanaut suction pool cleaner is one of the best in class pool cleaner you can buy today.

It's V-Flex technology self adjusts variable vanes. This helps maximizing power efficiency at any flow. And its patented roller skirts ensures that the cleaner never loose its suction.
You can buy the Hayward PHS41CST Aquanaut at $384 on Amazon. Just follow the link below.

Pentair 360042 Kreepy Krauly Suction side universal pool cleaner.

If you need simplicity and reliability, look no further. With just one moving part, Pentair's Kreepy Krauly is one of the simplest and easy to maintain pool cleaner you can buy in the market. And don't underestimate it for its simplicity. It has a regulator valve that can adjust water flow for maximum power efficiency. It also doesn't require a booster pump to operate.
Pentair 360042 Kreepy Krauly sells at around $292 on Amazon. Just follow the link to buy one

Hayward 925ADV Navigator Pro Automatic Suction Pool Vacuum

Another product from Hayward, the Navigator pro comes loaded with top notch features at a very affordable price. It comes with the SmartDrive programmed steering feature that can automatically move the cleaner in pre-programmed series of turns that you can set. It also doesn't need any external booster pump so you save money in that regard.
hayward 925ADV Navigator Pro comes with a price tag of $399 on Amazon. You can buy it from the link below