All The Places You Can Find Love At Age 19 That Aren't Boys

16 Places You Can Find Love At Age 19 That Doesn't Include Boys

Something doesn't have to be a human to give you love

6
https://www.instagram.com/morgan.simmonds/

It can be really tough not to get fixated on the idea of finding love in terms of a significant other, or even just someone to give you enough attention to satisfy the romance expectations that you have for your self. When all of your friends have summer flings, whether they're a mess or not, sometimes it seems way better than being "alone" and having zero love interests. The first question my friends ask me when catching up, goes along the lines of "so are there any boys in your life?". Cue me, internally screaming with annoyance. So I just tell them the truth, "nope", now they can proceed to tell me all their love life endeavors. It can really get you down, but here are some things that I receive a feeling of love from, that have nothing to do with boys.

My favorite spot on the couch

When me and my siblings do hang out, and laugh about silly things until our stomachs hurt

My dog thats so excited to see me she might pee

The sun coming through a stained glass window

Having a dinner as simple as pasta with my family

The first sip of coffee

Receiving a package or letter from someone in the mail

Talking to my grandparents about the purest things in life

Showing someone a movie that I love, or watching one that they love

When someone makes me food

When someone at work tells me that they appreciate my effort

When I feel safe in my house or car during a storm

When I look at myself in the mirror and like something about what I see

Looking at the final product of one of my creative projects

Watching a particularly good movie or show

When things fall into place

Because I don't have too many rom-com scenarios that happen in my life, I've learned to look for love in the things that I appreciate, and that I am thankful for. And in the things that appreciate my existence right back. There are so many things in your life that make you feel better when you're sad, that allow you to escape from reality, or that give you love that you sometimes don't have time to recognize. So if you ever feel unloved, think about all the small, even inanimate things that give you a sense of happiness and find love there. P.S. I hate cheesy things, but I felt like these things that give me a feeling of love needed to be acknowledged, even if i'm the only one that benefits from this article.