4 Losing Seasons Prove The Loyalty Of All-Star Freddie Freeman

In the world of sports today, players rarely stay with a team for a long period of time. Whether they are following the money, longing for a winning season, or just looking for a change, athletes often go from team to team looking for the best fit. However, this is not the case with all-star first baseman Freddie Freeman.

Signed by the Atlanta Braves in 2007 as a second-round draft pick, Freddie Freeman joined the club right out of high school at only 18 years of age. Three years after the draft, Freeman made his Major League debut in 2010, becoming a starter the next season in 2011. Over eight starting seasons with the Atlanta Braves, Freeman has faced four losing seasons in a row from 2014-2017, but in order to get a true grasp of his loyalty let us take a look at his personal stats from each of those season.

2014: 79-83 Season Record

The beginning of a four-season losing stretch, 2014 was a tough season for the Braves, but not for Freeman. The first baseman ended the season with a .288 batting average, 18 home runs, and 78 RBIs. This season also brought Freeman his second all-star game appearance.

2015: 67-95 Season Record

This season brought the worst overall record in this four year stretch for the Atlanta Braves, as well as a slight dip in Freeman's numbers at the plate, but don't get me wrong he still had a better than average season. With another 18 home run season, 66 RBIs, and a .276 average Freddie should be satisfied with that season.

2016: 68-93 Season Record

In the dead center of the club's rebuild, 2016 was another disappointing run for the Atlanta Braves. However, Freddie Freeman more than stepped up at the plate with 34 home runs, 91 RBIs, and a .302 average.

2017: 72-90 Season Record

In what seemed to be a never-ending losing stretch, not only for the players but the fans as well, 2017 brought nothing but more disappointment for both. However, yet again, Freeman pulls his weight at the plate with 28 home runs, 71 RBIs, and a .307 batting average.

These four years brought many hardships for this club and brought much doubt for the fans. However, Freddie Freeman was one player that never let the dream die and worked for this team. Thankfully, 2018 was light at the end of the tunnel for Freddie, the Braves, and all the fans because the Atlanta Braves are 2018 National League East Champs! Now Freddie and the rest of the team can turn their focus to the postseason and the challenges that lie ahead. The 2018 Atlanta Braves are a new team, one that plays for each other, one that is going to be more than exciting to watch this upcoming postseason.