To All Men On Father's Day

To All Men On Father's Day

Whether you’re a father or not, this is for you.

261
To All Men On Father's Day
zilzar life

Many of you are fathers, but some of you are not. However, this does not mean that Father’s Day is not for you because fatherly figures come in many forms. This day is for celebrating those of you who show what it means to be a decent man in daily life, which is so important. I hope that this day serves as a reminder that being a man is an important role to fill, whether you’re a father or not.

If you’re a father, this day is for recognizing all that you do for your child. You’re probably not perfect, but you always seem to be there to wipe the tears away, be your child’s fiercest protector and make your child laugh like no one else can. You share a special bond with your child that cannot be replaced.

If you’re going to be a father soon, this is your day, too. You’re already playing the role of a father as you prepare for the arrival of your child by painting the nursery, stocking up on diapers and making sure the baby crib is extra sturdy. You still have a lot to learn, but you’re doing great. You are going to influence your child in so many special ways.

If you’ve assumed the role of a father within your family, then this holiday is for you. Being a stepfather or stepping up to the plate within your family dynamic is admirable. The child in your family feels appreciated knowing that you chose to love him or her when you didn’t have to. Your love and thoughtfulness within your family does not go unnoticed.

If you’re an uncle, you are appreciated on this day. While you might not see the child that looks up to you every day, he or she still admires you immensely. You always manage to be the “cool uncle” who knows how to have fun and keeps secrets but still offers great advice and always knows just what to say. You are an important role model.

If you’re a grandfather, you are what this day is all about. You’ve raised your child and have gone through all the ups and downs that being a father entails. Now, you’re your grandchild’s favorite person to see. Whether you’re bringing ice cream cones or turning a blind eye to household rules for a while, you are the fun, dependable man that your grandchild can always count on. You are your family’s rock.

If you’re a brother, you deserve celebration on this day. You’ve put up with all the shenanigans that your sibling has put you through over the years and now you are an important figure in your sibling’s life. Your sibling has seen you mature over the years and admires the man you have become. He or she can now depend on you to be there when it seems like no one else is.

If you fall into another category, you are not forgotten on this holiday. Through your helpfulness, your humility and your good judgment, you demonstrate the values that a man should embody to each child you encounter. Whether you’re an accountant, a mechanic, a student or a football player, you show children that the sky is the limit. You are a role model and a mentor. Children look up to you.

Men, no matter who you are, you deserve to be celebrated if you’ve made even the smallest difference in a child’s life. Whether you’ve been a male figure in the life of your child, your niece or nephew or the neighbor kid, your role is irreplaceable. Fatherhood is not defined by biology, but rather by the role you play in a child’s life.