Open Letter To The Heroes During This Pandemic

Dear Nurses, Doctors, Administrators, and Staff,

It is said that not all heroes wear capes, and you all are the prime example of heroes without capes. You all are the true heroes of this unknown time, and you are in scrubs. You have a special superpower that superheroes can only dream of having. Thank you! I know you have heard it so many times already, but you truly deserve each and every single one of these thank yous. You all are on the front- lines risking your lives every day.

I wanted to tell you that because of having the opportunity you are giving the rest of us, I can say with a big heart that we all are appreciative! It is because of you that I will be able to thrive in the future, and I can only hope that in the future I am able to even help one- fourth of the people you have helped. I am getting to see first hand how you are just as, if not more, engaged in our safety as we are, and that created a whole different wavelength of communication and motivation to help in other ways! I feel honored to have each and every one of you as my superheroes. It is amazing how even though there may be a million things you have to do, you work day and night with your scrubs, mask, and gloves on helping every single person who comes into your hospital. Your knowledge of everything makes it easier to get solutions to problems, and if you did not know, you send us to the person who would. These problem-solving solutions allow us to know that what you are saying is truly a necessity, and we need to start working to improve our thinking.

I do not speak for everyone, but I speak for myself, and I truly feel undeserving of you all because you truly made us learn not only about COVID-19 but also what we as civilians can do to stop the spread.

You are doctors who have nurtured us from the time that we were babies to today when we are going through a pandemic. You all are such sympathetic and dedicated people that it is so easy to talk to you whenever it is needed. You are the rocks that we as a country need during this unforeseen time. Each of you are olympians in my book because you are going to the ends of the world to ensure that we are okay. You are always gleeful and happy with a smile on your face all the time! Seeing that smile is what helps us get through these tough days! The empathy and encouragement that we all will get through this time I feel from you all is truly what we need! You all are resilient, and even during these unforeseen times, you all are ensuring that we get know what is going on. You all are valiant and truly determined to help all of us in each and every way possible. All of these traits have inspired me to do the same for others in the future, and help as many people as possible! For that and everything else that you have given us, I can not be more thankful, and you have given me the confidence and chance to have a great future. And lastly, the wisdom that I have gained from all of you is the wisdom I take with me everywhere. I can not even begin to express how lucky I am to have had you all be a part of my life.

There are not enough times I can say thank you so much for absolutely everything!!

Thank you,

Oneeka Kohli