To My Best Friend From Home

To My Best Friend From Home

I won't find another friend like you, because there is only one friendship like ours.
86

Dear Best Friend, Soul Sista, and my forever friend,

I miss you. I miss seeing your face, hearing your laugh, making inside jokes, and teasing you about your weird outfit choices. Being over 1000 miles away feels saddening. Knowing I can call you whenever I'm having a bad day or having a terrific day makes me smile. Being able to FaceTime you and see your new life makes me happy. Sometimes FaceTiming you makes me feel like I'm about to put some slippers on and walk down my hallway to your dorm room, but then I forget that we aren't as close to each other as it feels.

I know we had a special friendship in high school, but I didn't realize how special it was until I got to college. There's not a day that goes by where I don't wanna run up to you and tell you about that cute boy I just passed by, or vent to you about not doing so well on a bio exam. I have made new friends and so have you, but its almost as if, the more people I meet, the more I realize how special and genuine my friendship with you is. I haven't met a friend like you here in college.

The truth is... I won't find a friend like you because there is only one friendship like ours.

With you...I'm not afraid to scream my heart out to the songs on the radio, or the new CD you made. With you, I remember all the memories we shared. With you, I remember traveling to six different countries within the span of three weeks. With you, I'm not afraid to face my fears. With you, I don't feel bad about eating an appetizer platter then going out for sundaes right after. With you, I feel the need to buy a matching tracksuit. With you, I smile every time I see a photo of us. With you, I count down the days until I come back home.

I miss you BFF, soul sista, and forever friend.