10 Different Types Of Airplane Hacks That Will Save Your Life

Imagine if you have a flight to catch at 11 p.m. and the flight is completely filled as you've purchased the last ticket. You're already exhausted from previous travel and decide it would be best to rest your eyes on this flight.

20

Imagine if you have a flight to catch at 11 p.m. and the flight is completely filled as you've purchased the last ticket. You're already exhausted from previous travel and decide it would be best to rest your eyes on this flight. Little did you know that there are about five babies on board, two loud toddlers, and a bumpy, jerky flight ride ahead. What should you do? As a person who flies about four to five times a year, I have endured most of the endless struggles as a passenger on board. I've come to realize that there are solutions to these problems that personally lessen some terrible flight experiences. Without further ado here are 10 different hacks you could use while flying to make your ride more comfortable and less of a hassle.

1. Avoid the babies

Although they may seem cute and cuddly at first, babies have a reputation to scream or shrill during long plane rides which can become exhausting especially when everyone is trying to sleep. The last thing you want on a flight is to end up sitting next to a restless baby that wouldn't stop crying. Trust me, I've been there. One way to avoid sitting next to a baby is to sit farthest away from partitions. Partitions are the only places on planes that are able to secure bassinets for babies. Since its more likely that babies will be found near partitions than regular seats, sitting farthest away can offer more peace and tranquility.

2. Pick an airline and stick with it

Many airlines have different rewards programs such as frequent flyer programs and reward points. By flying through the same airlines, you may have a chance of getting free check-in bags, free food, and access to faster security lines. By gaining more and more rewards points you could also win a chance to fly first class or business class. Also, by sticking with a reliable airline you trust, the staff is much friendlier and the service is much better.

3. Swallow air trick

Sometimes when the air pressure changes air gets released from the middle air causing the ear to pop. The best way I find to get rid of this ear popping is by consistently swallowing air. Swallowing air opens up the Eustachian tube, allowing your ears to feel better in no time!

4. Lost and found

If you're feeling a little cheap and not wanting to buy supplies such as chargers and wires before takeoff you could always take a quick trip to the lost and found. Usually, if an object is unclaimed for 90 days, the lost and found allows people to these objects for no charge. So keep stopping by at the lost and found and you might just win a free phone one day.

5. Try to be occupied

If you're not in the mood for a nap the best thing to do is to try to keep yourself occupied and distracted. A lot of things can be going on on a plane at once but your goal should be to tune everything out. Make sure to download a couple of songs and a few movies before boarding the plane in order to block the sounds of everything else and have something to do. I, personally, would rather listen to music than a baby crying the whole flight.

6. Cozy up!

Airplane seats are not the most comfortable chairs, especially when traveling economy class. They are compact with not a lot of leg room or space to move. The headrests aren't the softest either but you could always bring your own pillows and blankets! It never hurts to bring a few extra pillows and blankets on the way to travel comfy and maybe get a good night rest! Even though the chair they offer you are usually pretty small, you could always make the most out of it!

7. Hydrate up!

Water bottles on planes always range from the prize of 3-5 dollars which is pretty expensive for just one bottle. On top of that, Security doesn't allow you to bring beverages or any liquids on board so you have to wait till they serve you on the flight which could take hours. Luckily, no one said you couldn't bring empty bottles on the plane. After passing the security check, these empty bottles can be quickly refilled by water fountains plus they are great for the environment! Saving the environment and preparing for a flight has never been so easy.

8. Be kind

On my last plane ride, I noticed how sweet and kind my fellow passenger was to the staff on board. Soon I realized why. By spreading positive vibes and having nice conversations with staff members, more staff members will tend to like and appreciate you by providing better service. No wonder my fellow passenger got her food before everyone else.

9. Dress down

Do not wear heels, dresses, suits, jewelry, or dresses on a plane unless it's completely necessary. The only things you should be wearing are some comfy shoes (sneakers or flip-flops), shorts or sweatpants, and a tee shirt. You can always change your clothes after your flight instead of cramping in the small airplane seat wearing fancy clothes. It's always best to bring a sweatshirt because it always gets a little chilly on airplanes.

10. Eat lightly before flying

Sometimes the turbulence of a plane can be pretty bad making one feel dizzy or even sick. Eating light before flying is always better because you are less likely to consistently use the airplane's restrooms and less likely to throw up during the ride. Every person is different, but I recommend eating more after flying and less before.