5 Pieces Of Advice You Probably Should Listen To As Second Semester Seniors

You're going to miss this when it's gone.

772
Abby Amundson

Being a second semester senior is one of the most confusing, stressful, fun, and memorable times of your life. Odds are that you're on the verge of being decided or deciding on where you will be next year and living out your final glory days in your hometown with your life-long friends.

While this is one of the most busiest points of your life, it's important to take time to reflect and relish in the moment. This is the last time that your life will be like this; after this the familiarity and routine that you've known your entire life will be traded for new surroundings and new people. Although the future is exciting and college is fun, don't forget to enjoy right now. It's okay to be excited about the future, but you're going to miss this when it's gone. Although you've heard it all before, you'll find that you should've heeded the excessive advice when it's over.

Here's just a couple things I wish I knew as a high school senior:

1. Take lots of pictures

You'll use these more than you think. Obviously, it's important to capture these moments, but you'll forever look back at these and remember all the times you had with the people you grew up with. Also, you'll probably use some for future dorm decoration.

2. Go explore your hometown

There's no where like the place where you grew up. Go take time to spend the last months while you still live here to find a new restaurant, store, trail, or corner you never knew existed.

3. Get involved

Go to all the sporting events. Be the loudest in the student section. Join something new. This way you'll ensure that you didn't miss out on anything during your high school experience and can meet new people while doing it.

4. Don't be afraid to be out there

By this point in your life, you should (hopefully) realize who your true friends are and who you want to keep in touch with after graduation. Don't be afraid to be yourself and try something new. There's no point impressing people now, this is the beginning of the end.

5. Don't forget about your family

Your family has supported you from the moment you were born to when you finally become an adult. They will miss you very much next year, and you will too, even if you don't realize it right now.

With the final dance, pep rally, decision day, and graduation, there are so many fun and scary things in your second semester of your senior year. It truly is the best time of your high school experience.

Did you do everything you wanted to do?