Advice To Seniors Of All Ages

Advice To Seniors Of All Ages

For the seniors graduating high school and college
41

At the end of each semester, people graduate from college and high school. They are then faced with the question of: what are you going to do now? When you graduate from high school, your answer is the same as everyone else graduating, you're going to college. When you are a person graduating from college, your answer is usually: I don't know. I think that both answers are good. Whether you are eighteen years old or twenty-two, how in the world are you supposed to know what you're going to spend the rest of your life doing?

That reminds me of freshman orientation when you're asked to pick a major. The funny part about this is, you can say that you're undecided and take a bunch of general education classes to decide it. I have so many friends who still don't know what they're doing. The problem with college is, you can major in anything, but if you major in Medieval Studies, what are you going to do for a job? (not to offend anyone with a cool major like that, sorry). I also know people who have changed their majors in junior year.

My thoughts on majors and graduating with a degree is if what you're majoring in will make your life better then do it. My major is Cellular and Molecular Biology and it has been since I signed up freshman year. Have I gone through periods where I wanted to switch it? Yes. Yes, I have, but then I remember how much I love biology. If your major of photography or accounting is going to fulfill your dream, then I say do it. Screw the money you can make, your happiness is worth so much more than some paper money.

I hope that each senior graduating (high school or college) are graduating happy. I hope that they are happy with everything in their lives. I hope that they don't have any regrets. I can say that I don't have any regrets at all. Everything I say, do, or act on has a meaning and a purpose. Even if something bad or uncomfortable came from the situation, I still take that thing as a lesson. There are so many people I don't talk to anymore, but it's okay because they taught me things that I needed to learn.

I hope that each senior graduating has done everything they wanted to. I hope that they went to all of the parties they wanted to, or went to the cool restaurant, or did something crazy on their campus. I hope that they don't regret not studying for that one test and going and hanging out with people they didn't really know, who are now their best friends. I hope that they have an endless amount of cool stories that they can tell their kids and nieces and nephews and their grandchildren. I hope that they look back in ten years and can smile or laugh at the things they did or said when they were in college.

Something to remember as you graduate high school and come to college or graduate college and enter the real world are, live with purpose. Live each day with as purpose and make every day count. Don't be afraid to follow your dreams and to take risks and chances. Meet each day with an enormous amount of courage and take over that day, in other words, show it who's boss. Don't have any regrets because they are like baggage that will drown you. Live your life for the only person that matters in the end, YOU. Live for YOU.