Advice From Moms Who Have Experienced Just About Everything

Some Seasoned Advice From Moms Who Have Experienced Just About Everything

Advice from some AMAZING moms

285

I asked some of the moms that I know what they would tell their younger selves. What do they wish they'd known when they were younger? What advice do they want young women now to know?

With work and friends...

"My first bit of advice is work related. I have learned to to be very careful repeating information that I have heard in the office. This includes personal & professional matters. I also try to limit my time w/ coworkers that are big gossipers. If you think you might "know" something that could impact a decision, try to direct the person so that they can get the information from the correct source. For example, you might not want to say "Did you hear we fired that major supplier?" You could instead try saying, "Check w/ Jill in purchasing to see if she knows of any vendors w/ the best price on that part."

Second bit is personal. Make time to check in w/ your friends. Things get so busy but quick text or DM to say "thinking of you" can really help a person who's having a hard day."

Keep on working through it...

"1. When adversity strikes don't shy away and get mad, try to get through it with a happy heart because it's God's way of helping you grow. 2. Remember life wasn't meant to be perfect so stop thinking it should be! Just be you and plow through those challenges with a smile on your face. Everything ALWAYS works out!"

Be confident in yourself...

"I would say work on mindset and confidence. I would tell myself not to walk on the safe side of the street. Walk boldly towards what gives you fear and don't be afraid to take chances. When your mindset is focused on persevering through something you fear, the anxiety diminishes and the end result is success. Even if you fail, you did something that scared you and you grew as a person from that experience. You have to repeatedly tell yourself, "I can do this," despite the voices that tell you that you cannot."

Some "don't" advice...

"Don't let society's expectations determine how you live your life. Don't think you're the problem just because you aren't what others expect. You don't have to think inside the box. Don't let anyone hold you back from what you want. Don't stress over not being good enough based on other people's values. Have your own values and don't let other people define you."

Enjoy where you're at...

"I want to tell my younger self that I create my own happiness, not somebody else. When I was younger, I was looking for somebody else to fulfill that need. I feel that the thing that makes something successful is that you have to be whole and happy for yourself. Another thing is that I would tell my younger self not to rush my life. Enjoy where you're at. You can do it all. You can study, go out, be well-rounded. Don't limit yourself."

It's okay to forgive yourself...

"You have to forgive yourself. People are so hard on themselves and put so much pressure on themselves to be perfect all the time. You have to realize that the only way to get through things and live your life is to sometimes cut yourself some slack. Nobody is perfect and that's okay. Give yourself a break."