Advice For My Younger Friends

Advice For My Younger Friends

Everything I want you to know about growing up.

31
Advice For My Younger Friends

To my “kids,”

In the years we’ve been friends, you’ve watched me experience lots of firsts, make scary decisions and see parts of the world that we didn’t even know existed. Pretty soon, you’ll be going through some of the same things I went through. Even though we don’t see each other every day like we used to, I intend to be there every step of the way for whatever you might need, just like you were there for me. For the times that you might have to figure it out yourself, here are a few things I want you to know before you get to the real world.

Live in every moment and embrace it.

Don’t act too grown up too soon, because trust me, it’s not as glamorous as everyone makes it seem. You have the world in your hands: Run with it.

Make mistakes and accept them.

Every mistake is a lesson learned, and if you understand that everything happens for a reason, you’ll be able to accept whatever comes your way. Pro-tip: This makes it so much easier to be happy.

Never change yourself for anyone.

Not for a boy, not for your parents and not for anyone, you’re incredible and unique the way you are; please never let anyone take that from you.

Love the good days, and learn from the bad days.

There are going to be days where you feel invincible and powerful, and there are going to be days where you feel like everything is falling apart. It might not seem like it yet, but both are important and will help you grow.

Remember how strong you are.

Even on your worst days, you can’t give up. You’re going to do incredible things, and I can’t wait to see how you do them.

Know who your real friends are.

If the people around you are holding you back, you have the wrong friends. Surround yourself with people that love you and support you through everything. I promise to be this for you.

It’s been amazing to watch you grow and experience everything life has to offer. You’re going to do amazing things! Promise me that when you get to where you’re going, you’ll remember who you really are and how you got there.

With much love,

Your “real world” go-to girl