Adventures for one

Adventures for one

Adventures that help you connect with yourself.

29
Adventures for one

If you're like me, you enjoy your free time. There are days when you just want to be left alone, it may not have anything to do with people but you just want some alone time. For me, that's about at least twice a week. I need it! I came up with a list of adventures to take when you feel like being a loner. Don't think of these as being lonely, think of it as embracing your freedom and the fact that you can do whatever you want to do.

1. Road Trip

Every Saturday or Sunday I love waking up in the morning, grabbing a drink from Starbucks and hitting the open road. I love being able to drive wherever, finding new places I've never seen before, and experiencing new towns. There's nothing like being able to play your music as loud as you want and singing at the top of your voice. You get to enjoy the beautiful scenery around you, which is such a stress reliever. I recommend this as number one because it honestly isn't like anything you could experience with other people. There is such a freedom in the open road. Road trips are fun with friends but there is usually a game plan set in place, who wants that?? Wake up, get some coffee, or whatever your drink of choice is in the morning, and hit the road. I promise you won't regret it.

2. Going to the movies

Okay, this may seem kind of nerve racking and it may sound incredibly lonely but it definitely isn't. Being able to go see whatever movie you want even if it has terrible ratings. Buying the biggest bag of popcorn and putting way too much butter on it and buying the large coke. Why not add some candy to that mix? No one is there to judge you, how incredible is that?!?!? The first time I decided to venture out on my own and buy a ticket to go see a movie alone was scary and I was afraid that people would look at me weird. They didn't. No one cared. Take a chance and go to the movies by yourself, you'll love it!

3. Going hiking

This one out of the whole list is my favorite. Going out into nature is something you all need to experience. This is another stress reliever and I know we could all use that. When I go hiking alone I love listening to classical music, it adds something to the experience. Sitting on benches and writing is wonderful. I love writing and when I go hiking, my creativity flows. I always feel so much more positive afterwards. I highly recommend it.

4. Taking yourself out on a dinner date.

So this may be the scariest out of all of the things I'm listing but it really isn't. There is nothing wrong with going to a restaurant and taking yourself on a date. You can order whatever you want and people watch. How awesome is that? It's also super relaxing. You're not an a hurry to get out and you don't have to wait for anyone to finish their food. You want an extra side of fries? Order them! Dress up if you want to. Wear a nice dress and heels, order wine, feel fancy! If you're worried what people will think, don't be. They're just jealous that they're not confident enough to do it themselves. Just do it! If you don't like it, you never have to do it again.

5. Going to a museum

I know museums can be boring but have you really gone and appreciated what is inside? Not only are you learning but you're getting to see what fascinating objects are inside those walls. You can stay as long as you want and not have to try to explain anything to your friends who may not quite understand what they're looking at. Afterwards you can stop and get some coffee and feel super smart and like you have your life together. Sign me up!

6. Coffee Time!

This seems like a no brainer and not that special but it is. Oh yes indeed it is! I've mentioned already going to grab coffee and do something else but how about trying a new coffee joint? Sit down, listen to some smooth jazz, and be completely calm. Maybe bring a book to read? How about just sitting and people watching? We all love coffee, and if you don't, you just haven't tried the right cup of deliciousness yet!

7. Shopping, shopping, and more shopping.

Have you ever been to the mall with a group of friends and cringed every time you had to go into a store you didn't want to? How about your friends telling you that they don't like anything you're picking out but you love it? It sucks! Seriously, take my advice and go to the mall ALONE. You don't have to wait for anyone and you can take a little too much time trying on shoes. If anyone asks you why you're alone, tell them you lost your friends in a Forever 21. It happens all the time! But really, take yourself shopping. TREAT YO SELF!

8. Sun, Sand, and Quiet time.

With summer approaching fast, I know we are all super excited to hit the beach and get our tans on. One of the most peaceful adventures I have ever done alone is going to a beach, preferably without many people, and just relaxed. I will say it is much more fun to be with friends or family while enjoying the sand but I recommend trying it alone at least once. All you can hear is the sound of the waves and seagulls. Sand between your toes and sun shinning bright in your face. Nothing is wrong in the world. Your mind goes blank and your soul is refreshed.

9. Dance the night away.

If you're like me, or maybe you don't want to admit it, you love dancing. Whether it's with a friend, a loved one, or just by yourself, you can't get enough of it. Have you ever thought about taking a dance class? Maybe try some tango or jazz? Maybe you'll meet some gorgeous Latin man who will whisk you away into the night. Or maybe you'll meet Channing Tatum's twin brother? Not only would it be so much fun but you're also getting some exercise. Try it! If you're terrible, then oh well! At least you're having fun.

10. Master Chef anyone?

The cooking channel is my guilty pleasure, I don't go a week or really even a day without watching some chef cook beautiful meals. Can I do what they do? Not even close. Maybe with some practice but of course creating those extravagant meals isn't always allowed, thank you tuition and college expenses. But when I can, I love cooking. Even pretending I'm competing against the clock to beat Bobby Flay or win the title of Master Chef. If you're like me, the sounds like a typical week day to you. How about trying a cooking class? They aren't hard to find, just look them up on Google! Not only will you gain the knowledge to be the next Julia Child but you get to eat what you cook! YEEESSSSS!!!

11. Church hopping.

This one isn't for everybody and I totally understand but if you do enjoy spending your Sunday's with God, then maybe switch up locations a bit? You can meet some new people who enjoy what you do and experience new ways of teaching. Plus, you'll never really be alone.