ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF INSTALLING IP SECURITY CAMERAS

If you want to install surveillance camera or already have it installed in your home, community, or company.

6

you must know about the main attractions of the system too. That is possible through knowing about its pros and cons. It is important to get yourself familiarize with the notion of its worth because it is one of the most followed systems in the current age. Reason being, it offers adjustability in knowing what is happening in the surroundings.

However, should you not forget the basic parameter of using these cameras. First and foremost, they are IP based security cameras and don't work without an internet connection. In short, it is indeed a very comfortable means of using technology. Despite the fact that it has its pros which come in numerous forms, there are some cons too which are attached to its performance.

Let's check out pros and cons of security cameras…

Pros or Advantages of IP Security Cameras:

Savings and comfort are two main advantages of these surveillance cameras.

Savings are possible by trying these cameras for the security purposes. Reasonings which are provided to be in favor of the statement are mentioned below;

• -These cameras don't need heavy sums of installations because there is no wiring attached. Also, because, there are no main or physical infrastructure connected.
  • -All you need is a good internet service provider who distributes excellent bandwidth.

Comfort is the other and main feature as to why these security cameras are much in demand. Accessing it is much simpler and comfortable. In short, everything can be saved (in the cloud or any physical device) from the video signals through network cabling that requires recording.

You should know that not each and every movement is captured by the camera. It is just those movements which triggers camera are recorded. Therefore, for specific movement you might have to register or collect low quality images.

The quality and speed of the communications determines that it is necessary to choose to upload images with worse quality than the one that can be conserved continuously in a recorder, so it must be considered.

Cons or Disadvantages of IP Security Cameras:

If we have discussed that they can be cheaper, they can also be more expensive. In relation to that if you do not have a previous installation, sometimes it may require more wiring (may be necessary up to one cable per IP camera). If the IP security camera is open to the internet, IP cameras stay connected to the devices. Which means, if these computers or devices on which internet works, gets attacked, then they have high chance of meeting security risks.

They are vulnerable to sabotage or being hacked if they do not have adequate and updated protection. In addition to it, they are prone in leaving exposed information where the cameras of the building are located, including neighbors or company data. Infected by malware, they can serve as a way to access the network of a company / home with greater facilities.

If malware manages to enter the computer system, their manipulation can be simple and fast by showing a false content and, therefore, altering all the functionality of the camera and its mission.

The security at that moment would be falsified, so the verdict of not possessing a physical system should be considered too.

Our CCTV Systems have computer firewalls and adequate security barriers which is why we don't get exempted from receiving any attack; but we must not be alarmed because these disadvantages can be remedied by adopting adequate security measures.

Having said that, if you are a medium or large company, you may be interested in having your own server. From which you will only have access to it, maintain and protect the information that is stored. If you are a small company or a community, you may prefer to trust the storage systems proposed by an approved security company such as Easy Security Systems. With own servers that keep the information encrypted and with the most adequate security measures.

Correct physical and computer maintenance of the cameras helps to detect or predict possible failures that leave your security uncovered. Do not install the security of your home or company yourself and rely on experts in electronic and cyber security. Always approved security companies can advise, install and maintain the devices.

Easy Security Systems is approved security installer and maintainer companies that can help you protect your home, business or community