As I've approached adulthood, I've learned a thing or two about this thing called "adulting."

One thing's for sure: there is no such thing as a social life.

I recently got promoted at my retail job to a sales lead. I love it, but it comes with a price. I barely had a summer because all I did was work.

My days off weren't even my days off. My days off were my errand days. Anything I needed to get done—doctor appointments, eye doctor appointments, cleaning—that's what my days off were for.

I had to give up my "partying" lifestyle and become a responsible adult.

Now, add the fact that I just started school into the mix. I'm looking at five classes' worth of workload and 20-30+ hours a week of work. You tell me when I even have time to sleep, let alone spend time with my friends.

And I'm not complaining. I am beyond grateful for the life I live. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be able to go to school. I'm grateful to have a job I like—to have a job at all.

But like I said, adulting comes with a price.

I rarely see my friends anymore. It sucks, but I do have friends who understand my busy lifestyle—probably because they also live busy adult lives, too.

We don't have to talk every single day to know that we're still friends. This isn't high school. Just because Becky didn't text you back or continue your Snapstreak doesn't mean you guys aren't friends anymore.

So, thank you to those of you who understand and are willing to work with both of our busy schedules. And I'm sorry to those who feel like I neglect them or don't attempt to spend enough time with them. Trust me, I don't mean to do it on purpose.

Adulting sucks, but hey, that's life.