It's Ok To Admit You've Changed

It's oK to admit you've changed

I know that it's okay to change and grow as a person. It's scary that new chapters open and some close, but that's the motions of life. How beautiful.

222

Honestly, I have always looked at change as an interesting converstation - change can be seen as a postive and a negative. How do you know you are changing for the good? Are you changing because of other people or are you changing for yourself? Are we changing with age or experiences?

I am scared to admit that I am a changed person. Because I am a changed person, I have lost incredible people in my life and gained relationships that I am beyond thankful for. But, changing doesn't happen over night. It happens to all of us. I have gone back and forth with my friends and family talking about change and growing with people who are also changing as well. I feel I have learned that people come into your life for a reason but their plan might not be to stay. They might come for a lesson or a memory that could shape the rest of your life, without you even knowing it.

What do you want to be when you "grow" up? I am still thinking about my answer. The true question is when is "growing up"? What's the age we are supposed to know all these answers by?

I have dreamed of working at Disney Land as a Princess, being a news anchor woman, working as a traveling nurse but my ultimate dream has always been to be a writer and to be in the magazine industry. Every time I am asked what I want to be when I grow up, my answer is always, unknown. Especially in today's age, the opprtunites are endless, why limit yourself to one path?

Change. Our minds change every day, what decisions we want to make changes every second and what we want to be when we "grow" up might never be answered.

Why am I scared of change? Why are you scared of change?

I am scared of change because I like feeling comfortable. I like knowing my surroundings and knowing who is going to be in my life to stay.

I can admit that I have changed and I am writing this and am proud. I am proud to say that I have changed for myself. I have realized that I lacked putting myself first when it comes to my needs and wants. I have worked to listen to my inner being and answer unresolved questions I had about myself.

I have found that working to be more intouch with yourself and who you are and who you want to be can help shape the person you are wanting to become or stray away from.

Changing and going through the motions of "moving on" in this lifetime can be frightening. We grow to love and enjoy where we are in life and in a blink of an eye, it can all change. Thankfully, I have realized that's a beautiful thing. We have the opportunity to meet so many incredible people whether they are here for good or not. We are able to see the world, spread love, and work to be something we have always dreamed of because of change.

I admit, I have changed and I am so happy. Change is what brings you to the future we are in and hopefully want to be in. I am happy to be present and to learn from others each day.