5 Major Adjustments When You Come Home From College For The Summer

Coming home from college for the summer isn't the easiest adjustment to make.

36
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Students_walking_in_front_of_South_College_Dorm.jpg

You might not think much of it, but there are some major things that you have to get used to once you come home from being at college for so long. The place you would only be for short periods of time now becomes your home again, and it can be a little weird at first.

1. Asking permission to do things

You're so used to doing basically whatever you want at college, so coming home and having to ask to use a car or go hangout with friends is a little annoying.

2. Sleeping in a room by yourself

At least for me, when I first come home from school it takes a little while to get used to sleeping in a room by myself when I've become so used to having roommates.

3. Having so much free time

I need to start work soon because I've realized this past week how bored I would get if I wasn't doing anything. Without class or work to do, I have so much free time that I don't know what to do with.

4. Changing your routine

Being at home, I have a totally different routine. It's one thing to have a few classes every day, but it's going to take some getting used to going to work every day from 9-5.

5. Different standards/expectations

I think that I am fairly organized most of the time, but there are definitely things that I don't always keep the most clean or neat. At school I can get away with keeping things a little messy, but at home my parents definitely have a different standard for how to keep things.