I Am Reality TV AF And Proud Of It

I Am Reality TV AF And Proud Of It

Reality TV has been my go-to recently, and I'm ok with that.

115

Reality TV has been my go-to recently, I am a big fan of the Real Housewives, Chrisley Knows Best, and yes the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise. I do think that reality as a whole is more interesting to watch because it includes drama but also features some real-life moments that aren't made up.

So the saturation with reality TV is that viewers are tuning in each week to their televisions which is why reality shows get picked up for numerous seasons (Keeping up with The Kardashians is currently on its 15th season). I do love watching reality TV because it does give me a break from my own life and there are parts of reality TV that I can relate to and laugh about because let's face it college can be really stressful at the end of the day.

When seasons are on hiatus, audiences hop to the next available series. This is how I usually approach reality television, my eyes are glued to the bachelor during January, the bachelorette during May, and Bachelor in Paradise in August. It feels like it is a reality show cycle sometimes, but it is a cycle that I don't mind being a part of and I think most audiences enjoy it too.

I truly think that lower production costs and higher engagement are shaping reality TV these days because audiences enjoy sitting cozily on the couch and watching their favorite reality TV shows every season. Audiences mostly care about who gets the final rose or who are having a catfight with Lisa on the Real Housewives, they don't care as much about the production of the show and the numbers show that at the end of the day.

My life would not be possible without reality TV in it, it just wouldn't. Reality TV spices up my life weekly and allows me to truly be in my element. I am able to watch certain shows LIVE and some shows I am able to watch back from recording thanks to Xfinity. I can't wait for the next reality show to come on for me, and I hope that you get a chance to dive into reality TV as well!