Looking For Something To Do? Here's A Fall Bucket List For College

Fall is officially upon us. What do you want to do this season?

29
https://unsplash.com/@alexgeerts?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditCopyText

Fall is finally here and it will be in full force before you know it. The leaves are slowly starting to change colors, temperatures are beginning to be cooler at night, and stores are rolling out all of the pumpkin spice and apple cider goods they can get their hands on. It's hard not to find something to do in this beautiful season, but as a student, it can be difficult to find the time to have a little fun in between all the classes and studying. College student or not, here's a list of some activities you can do to have a little fun this fall.

Decorate Your Door At Home Or School

Photo by Carly Kewley on Unsplash

I don't know about anyone else, but decorating is one of my absolute favorite things to do! There's just something about even the smallest change to your daily environment that can make you feel so good. However, I know the broke life is a real struggle for college students, but you can honestly decorate your door for really cheap if you know where to look. I would highly recommend Dollar Tree or the dollar section in Target for your decorating needs. You can get almost anything you'd want to put on your door for $1. If you're feeling really brave, you can even venture into the actual Halloween section of department stores too.

Make Your Way Down To A Bonfire

By the time October comes around it is usually homecoming season for college and even some high schools. If your college is anything like mine, you can find a bonfire on campus for Fall Kickoff. What better time than now to go on down to the bonfire, have some marshmallows, and meet new people or hang out with those you already know? If you have time, maybe consider checking out the bonfire.

Go To A Fair Or Festival

Photo by Jake weirick on Unsplash

Fall time is fair and festival time. Nine times out of ten there always seems to be at least one going down during the season and quite honestly, Fall doesn't seem complete without one even if you aren't too into the rides. Even if you are this person (I'm guilty too so don't worry), I'd still grab my friends and go to one. If nothing else, you'll still have a great time with your friends and you can enjoy watching them freak out on the rides instead.

Have A Movie Night In With Friends

This option, my friends almost won't cost you anything. Get your sweatpants and cozy sweater on, call some friends and chill out. If you want extra Fall/Halloween points, you can even put your favorite spooky movie on. Grab the popcorn and cocoa and get going. My personal favorites are Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown even if that makes me basic.

Indulge In A Football Game

Photo by Riley McCullough on Unsplash

I'll admit that I'm not really a football person, but even I have this on my list this year. There's just something I enjoy about such passionate zeal and cheering that goes down at football games. Plus, why not go out and give your school's team some love? Even if sports aren't your thing, I would suggest making it to at least one game to get that college experience. Also, if you're one of the lucky ones, your school may even have giveaways and freebies for anyone who attends.

Get Out Your Camera And Have A Photoshoot

This is a great activity that you can do either by yourself or with friends and there are a couple of different ways to do this. If you are with friends, you can literally take pictures of each other (gotta get those Instagram posts) or you could set up a themed challenge and see who can get the best photos in a certain amount of time. If you are alone, think of all the amazing foliage and sceneries around you. There's so much potential all around during the season. Maybe you could even take some snaps of the fun decorated doors you see.

Visit A Pumpkin Patch Or An Apple Orchard

Photo by Marius Ciocirlan on Unsplash

This might be a cliche Fall activity but it's always a fun way to ring in the season. If you really want to feel like a child at the pumpkin patch, maybe see about getting a hayride or getting lost in the corn maze. I have yet to see a pumpkin patch without a corn maze. Apple picking is a relaxing activity and a better and probably more healthy way to get your household produce.

Try Out A Haunted Hayride

On the topic of finding a regular hayride at your pumpkin patch, it may even be fun to consider a haunted hayride. Some places do offer this and we had one back home where I was growing up for a while. It's so much fun to be scared half to death when actors and props come flying out of nowhere right by your tractor, or in some cases, come on to your tractor. It's a thrilling scare and is perfect for the season.