7 Activities That Are Better In Summer

7 Activities That Are Better In Summer

I could get used to this stress-free lifestyle.

19
7 Activities That Are Better In Summer
Mapio

As the days get longer, the weather gets warmer, and college students everywhere trade in semesters for summertime, there are certain activities that can be enjoyed while off campus. There is no denying that university life takes on a whole different category of it own. It most definitely takes some time to adjust back to the normalcy of living at home. Here are some activities to take advantage of and enjoy for the next few months.

1. Reading.

After nine months of reading textbooks we cannot afford with content we do not particularly care for, it is no wonder most students find it difficult to read for "fun." And, those who do find entertainment in novels struggle to find the time to read for pleasure while away at school. The perfect solution to this is to go to your local library, take out a good book for free (shocking, right?), find a scenic reading spot outside, and get to turning those pages. Amazingly, there actually are some good books out there.

2. Going to the gym.

"Enjoy" might be a stretch here seeing as working out is never anyones' favorite activity, but the good news is you never have to risk running into that one person you never wanted to see, yet you always seemed to run into at your campus gym. That boy or girl you met at the party last week when you went out? No longer in the same zip code. The one classmate that sat next to you in your bio lab who always tried to talk to you during the lecture? No where to be seen. So sweat in confidence at your local gym, you won't run into anyone you want to see. Unless, of course you run into your old high school classmates. In that case, walk the other way and pretend you do not know them.

3. Sleeping.

No more mattress topper. No more twin XL sized bed. No more using a step stool to get into your lofted bed. No more alarm clocks. There is simply no better feeling than sleeping in your own room and being able to have some sense of a normal sleeping schedule.

4. Working.

Again, very similar to going to the gym, working is not necessarily an activity anyone enjoys. The title of this activity should have been named "making money", but unfortunately, you must work in order to do so. And lets face it, making money is a lot better than spending all your money on Uber rides and late night Dominoes. It also means you can spend more money on Uber rides and late nigh Dominoes next semester.

5. Shopping.

Now that you are making a little bit of cash from working a summer job, you do not have to cry every time you add another item to your cart on Amazon. There is also less of a reason to have to online shop if your hometown happens to have a mall nearby. However, if you prefer to shop the millennial way, beware of making the lethal mistake of sending your package to your school's address instead of you home address. I speak from experience.

6. Eating.

If you have a low-quality dining hall like my school has and a mother who can cook like mine can, you probably understand the excitement of not having to live off a meal plan for a few months. It is also really nice having a refrigerator just a few steps away from your room, as opposed to a five-minute walk across campus. And "real" food just tastes so much better.

7. Doing absolutely nothing.

For the first time, in a long time, you may have nothing to do. The ticking clock seems to slow down for just a little while in summer, so enjoy it while it lasts. No more assignments that have to get done and papers that need to be written (so long as you did not sign up for a dreaded summer course). There is no need to feel guilty when you decide to waste away your hours laying in bed taking countless naps or scrolling through social media feeds.

Summer does not last forever, and before you know it, you will have to trade in late nights on the beach for long nights in the library. Hopefully, this short list will allow you to take advantage of the break. After all, you've earned it.