Things to do when you're bored

14 Things To Do When Your Stuck At Home Because Of Bad Weather

Sleeping all day won't cut it, get up and do something!

592
https://unsplash.com/@joshrh19

After three days of being stuck at home, I self-diagnosed myself with Cabin Fever. The days all seem the same and go by extremely slow and I'm in my house going crazy! Nothing beats having the option to travel on the road, but the weather won't permit me to do so. Here are some ideas for different things to do when you are stuck in your house days on end.

Listen to a New Album

New music is constantly being released and you have yet to listen to every album on the planet. Ask your friends for some artist recommendations and check them out. You may become a new fan!

Start a YouTube Channel

YouTube is a bit over saturated, but if you like to talk or have a specialty and you have an IPhone or camera, take advantage of the time you have and make a video or two. Do a funny skit, makeup or hair tutorial, anything to make the hours of sitting at home pass by.

Play board Games

Card games and board games never fail you. At family gatherings, bored at your friend's house, whatever it might be, board games are always one for the win.

Work on your Resume

It's never too early to get a start on your professional life. Sometimes we tend to push off things such as working on your resume or LinkedIn page because it's not something directly affecting us in the present. However, keeping a up to date, well crated resume will make things easier for you in the future, when and if you are on the job hunt.

Have a Spa Day

https://www.whereawesomehappens.com

Work days and school days can have you stressed out and neglecting your personal care. With the bad weather coming your way and you being out of school or work, now is the time you can catch up on your self-care. Do a facial, paint your nails, treat your hair, or even dye it! There are endless things you can do at home for your skin, nails, and hair, so when you do go back to work or school, you look like a newly rejuvenated woman.

Do an at-home workout

Don't stay home and turn into a couch potato. The last thing anyone wants to do is gain weight while relaxing on this unplanned break you have been granted. Pop in that work out CD that's been collecting dust in your closet and try it out! Afterwards, you'll feel like you've been productive and can chill out for the rest of the day without worrying about your calorie intake.

Start a new TV series

https://www.pexels.com/photo/closeup-photo-of-person-holding-panasonic-remote-control-in-front-of-turned-on-smart-television-987586/pexels

Watching television is always an easy way to pass time. Netflix or Hulu is the best place to go and watch a series you never got the chance to.

Watch the movies you haven't had time to see

Go on HBO and the latest or old classic movies you have yet to watch, now is your time. Tired of hearing Star Wars references and never understanding what's going on. Now is the time you can watch all the movies that people said you were lame for never seeing.

Clean

So simple, yet so time consuming, which is why you haven't done it in so long. Do a deep cleaning of your entire house, or maybe just your closet. A deep cleaning can eat up several hours of your day, and before you know it, the day will be over, your house will be sparkling clean and you've successfully made it through another day of bad weather.

Get ahead on assignments

There's nothing worse than being on an unexpected break due to weather, then going back to school and professors are immediately asking for assignments. You're overwhelmed and don't know how you spent a week at home and got nothing accomplished. During your break, the first couple of days should be completing homework so that the rest of your break is free and you're open to do anything.

Take a Walk

Depending on the weather conditions you may not be able to drive, but maybe you can go for a walk in your neighborhood. With caution, get a breath of fresh air by going outside and taking a walk.

DIY Crafts

Tie-dye a shirt or make your own body scrub. There are random things in your house that could come together to make for the perfect craft. Go on YouTube for some inspiration and maybe you've just found your new favorite hobby.

Learn to sew

You never know when knowing how to sew can save a life! You may one day have a wardrobe malfunction, or maybe your favorite pair of jeans ripped in the thigh, learning how to sew can take care of all of that. You can learn how to simple stich with just a needle and thread, or you can go full force fashion killer and whip out the sewing machine and start sewing various fabrics together.

Bake a dish from scratch

You're bored and have hours to kill. Through trial and error, you can make a home baked good, all from scratch!

Being stuck at home will make you appreciate the outdoors more than ever. It may not be the best thing, but try and make the most out of your unexpected break.