Acne, Pimples, Zits, Oh My! A Story Of A Girl And Her Skin
Beauty Fashion

If it can't be fixed in 10 seconds or less don't say anything about it!

56
Hannah Henley

Many people deal with acne. It's just part of life.

I never thought I would be here writing about my own acne. I tend to do everything in my power to shield my skin from the world. My skin is the one thing that I am self-conscious about. Going out in public I didn't care if I made a fool of myself with whatever I was doing, but the second people looked at my face I could feel myself shrinking.

Makeup helps some, but concealer and foundation don't make pimples invisible. I know I'm not the only person who struggles with acne, but at twenty I'm getting pretty tired of kids pointing out the bumps on my face.

For as long as I can remember, or back when puberty started to settle in, I have had acne. It's one of those things in life that we don't have much control over. See we think we have control, we can do everything possible to clean away those pesky pimples, but in the end, it is all up to your body what is going to happen.

The only thing you can control is how you react to your skin, so embrace it. Love yourself and every quirk along with it. I know acne sucks, believe me, I wish I had a clear face, but the reality is, I still struggle with acne.

Recently I went to the dermatologist to figure out what was going on with my face. Knowing what the issue was helped me figure out how to help heal my skin. It has been a couple weeks and I have already seen improvement and I'm more comfortable being me, less self-conscious about the bumps on my face.

For the first time in I don't know how many years I have gone out without feeling the need to put on makeup. Granted my skin isn't completely to the point where I want it, but the improvement has made me 1000% more confident and hopeful. I'm starting to feel comfortable in my own skin again and the feeling is incomparable.

My friend Ann has this saying that honestly is my favorite thing in the world, "If it can't be fixed in 10 seconds or less don't say anything." We all need to recognize that people with acne are aware of it and don't need you pointing it out to them. I'm sure we have tried whatever remedy you are going to suggest, so please don't share. The best thing to do in these situations is to keep your comments, critiques, and opinions to yourself.