15 Tricks To ACE Your Finals

15 Tricks To ACE Your Finals

"Living off of 5 hours of sleep, Chick-Fil-A and Red Bull isn’t doing it for you anymore."
446

You probably are at that point in the semester where you have had enough: physically, mentally and emotionally. Perhaps living off of 5 hours of sleep, chick-fil-a, red bull and watching the sunset and the sunrise from the fifth floor of the library isn’t doing it for you anymore.

As long as some of these days already are, I find myself wishing that I had more time. That is why it is important to make your study guides now so you feel less stressed out when you have three back to back finals in one day and seven classes of finals to take.

Now that I am completing my fifth college semester, here are some tips for getting through which seems like endless weeks. With these tips and with the time you put into your classes, hopefully you will do well.

On your way to the library, make sure you have water, a snack and perhaps a caffeinated beverage. For me, a jar of Nutella with gluten free pretzels and a can of red bull is my go-to.

You should also pick up flash cards, writing key words on one side and a definition/applicable example on the other side. It takes time to make them, but is very helpful in the end.

Give yourself enough time to make your study guides and allow yourself to take study breaks. Walk around the library or maybe watch a 20 minute Degrassi episode on Netflix- just to distress and allow your brain to absorb the information you’re presenting it with.

Lastly, even though you might be taking 5 shots of expresso and chugging red bulls all day- give your body a chance to rest. Go to bed, even it’s late, do not pull that all nighter.

Just remember, you are not alone. This is the time in the semester where everyone just has to keep going and hold in a little bit longer. The sooner you ace these finals, the sooner you get to take off from school for three weeks.

So chug that last red bull, sharpen your pencils and pull through these two weeks of finals. Soon we can all be sleeping in our own bed, enjoying our mothers’ home-cooked meals and have a social life outside the quiet halls of the library.