To The Best Friend I Met Completely By Accident

For the boy I didn't mean to meet, but am very happy I did.
341

I met Hunter Johnson when he joined the Eastern Odyssey team, and we didn't really talk all that much. But then, suddenly, I was working in a thoroughly understaffed ice cream shop, and he was looking for a paycheck.

I never really knew how amazing my life would become once I gave that afro-headed weirdo his application to Baskin Robbins, but oh boy did it get crazy.

So, Hunter, this is your article. Now shut up and stop asking me for it. (But like, please don't shut up because you're an idiot and I love you). So where to even begin...this is a boy of many wonders.

Hunter, my life has never been more filled with memes and self-depreciating humor than this past year. And that's all your fault. But ya know, it's been pretty lit.

So thank you for the many horrible shifts at Baskins, with our horrible screech singing and literal dying. Anda thank you for being completely hopeless without me there. (Side note: Please stop flooding sinks because I go to the bathroom). I never had a single dull shift when you were around because dull can't exist with such an incredible person in the room.

You're the only person I have a Snapchat streak with, and you understand the need to be extra at literally everything you do. There's no one else I'd rather spend $85 on food with, and then eat like half of it in one shift because we're #shameless bro.

You're there to listen to me bitch about everyone, and I'm there when you're on the verge of dropping out for the eight millionth time that day.

Even though you're from the armpit state (Shout out to Ohio), I like you anyways. Or at least I like you sometimes. Thank you for joining the Odyssey, so I have someone to procrastinate with on articles, and someone to coauthor stories with when it's the holiday season and we cannot come up with pieces on our own.

You've been a part of my life for such a short amount of time, and I can't fathom what I would do without your sarcastic Snapchats anymore. So thank you for being my best friend, and I am really going to miss you when you leave me for the summer to return to Sadsville (aka anywhere I am not).

But just know the second you get back in Michigan, I will have a page full of Ohio-based jokes and a bottle of something fun for you! And ya' know, some fun work-related stories about creepy men hitting on me or something, to remind you why we hate everyone.

All I ask in return is a job at whatever hotel you wind up owning because let's face it, you will never really enjoy any job as much as you enjoyed working with me!

With Love,

Your Favorite Coworker

P.S. Please continue to not screenshot the horrible selfies I send you for the sake of saving the streak. Thank you.