My Abusive Ex Never Hit Me; But He Did Other Things

My Abusive Ex Never Hit Me, But He Did Other Things

In this listicle, which may be hard for you to read, I explain ways my ex abused me without hitting me.

35

I only hit him on the head once or twice while fending him off of me.

1. The first time my ex physically abused me, he bit my shoulder. 

Who does that?

2. He pushed me into walls.

3. He pulled my hair.

4. He scratched my legs with his fingernails. 

5. He would take pillows and put them over my face so I couldn't breathe. 

I think this is where most of my PTSD comes from.

6. He took a piece of paper, crumpled it up, and tried to stuff it down my throat as far as he could. 

7. If I was sitting on a couch or chair and he would get mad, and he would shake it violently while I was in it.

8. He would hold my face so hard sometimes it hurt so bad and left bruises.

9. He would pin me down.

10. He would scream in my face. Shrieking. 

I'm sorry if that was a lot to read. He is currently a fugitive right now, and I think he is egging my house. Over two years later, and I still cannot seem to get away from him. Please look at my other article about the warning signs of an abusive relationship.

Here's a number you can call if you or someone you know is being abused: 1-800-799-7233.