The Site Reliability Engineer will collaborate with the development and DevOps teams to primarily support the application while also being able to plan for scaling, implement effective monitoring, and develop tools to manage the environment.
This role will be half DevOps, focusing on the resources to run our site, and the other half focused on coding, support and system stability.
- Frontend: React + Redux + Babel + ImmutableJS + Draft.js, Sass
- Backend: Node.js + Sequelize, Koa, python
- Persistence Layer: MySQL, MSSQL
- Orchestration: Docker Swarm, Kubernetes (bonus)
- Monitoring: New Relic, Grafana, InfluxDB
- Misc: Redis, Docker, AWS services
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to delve into problems, determine root causes, and work with the team to find resolution
- Experience with automation, metrics, and monitoring. The desire to automate any and all mundane tasks so you can focus more of your time on the big picture, solve real issues, and put time into measuring and scaling a production application.
- Working knowledge of Linux command line and handy with system administration tools.
- Experience navigating a database using SQL and some experience with performance tuning.
- Experience performing Tier 3 Support duties
- A strong desire to understand how customers use our product and a passion for finding and resolving issues before our customers even know they have one.
- You crave variety and the idea of being able to do a little bit of everything (troubleshooting, developing tools, fixing bugs, building out infrastructure) is highly appealing to you.
- You enjoy working in a startup culture where efficiency is highly valued
- You are proficient or interested in many of the technologies listed below
Bonus points if you…
- You have experience doing Tier 3 Support duties, DevOps, or software engineering
- You have worked on distributed and highly scalable systems in production
- Have experience migrating to or working on cloud-native applications in production
- Have experience with Microservices Architectures
Odyssey is a platform that empowers you to create and engage with content, connect through communities, and amplify your voice to reach the audience your story deserves. Create, Engage, Connect and Learn.
At Odyssey, our culture is at the heart of our company and your career potential is unlimited. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plan, and Flex Time Off. All benefits are subject to change. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Read more about us at theodysseyonline.com/about/
Interested parties should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org