Odyssey is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer. You will be working on systems that power our social media platform theodysseyonline.com and enhancing the content creation experience for our users. Our engineers are empowered to make business decisions and to be part of the product definition process, and you will be expected to be capable of leading projects of various sizes. We are looking for individuals that enjoy start-up environments and seek aggressive growth. Candidates should feel passionate about the opportunity to change the media industry.
This role is focused on both front-end and back-end development. Candidates should have a breadth of experience in front-end, back-end, and data engineering. Ideally you should have prior exposure to Pub/Sub, big data, and/or complex enterprise systems.
- Front-end: React, Redux, Webpack, ES6
- Back-end: Node, Express, Python, Django
- Data-layer: Amazon RDS, SQL Server, Azure Storage, Amazon S3, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon SQS
- Infrastructure: Azure Resource Manager, Docker Swarm, Amazon EC2 Container Service, Elastic Beanstalk
- QA: Jest, Selenium WebDriver, Drone (CI)
- Communication: Slack and robots for alerting
What we expect of you
- Knowledge about Python and Django or Flask a plus.
- Experience with SQL Server or other SQL solutions.
- Experience with at least one NoSQL solution.
- Able to work autonomously and lead projects.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a similar degree.
Bonus points if you…
- Have worked in a cloud-based environment using solutions in Azure or AWS.
- Have knowledge of distributed computing, big data, Lambda Architecture, and other buzzwords.
- Have knowledge or interest in video players and encoding.
- Have knowledge or interest in advertising and monetization.
- Have foundational knowledge of microservice architectures.
- Enjoy working in many areas across the stack.
- Can help us win a difficult game of Pandemic.
Odyssey is ushering in a shift in social media to bring complete, broader, more trusted ideas to the world. Launched in 2014, the social media platform empowers more than 15,000 local, millennial content creators to express what’s important to them and share it organically across their own social networks. As a result, Odyssey exposes its audience—more than 30 million strong and growing rapidly—to broader, more thoughtful, more honest perspectives on topics they care about. For more information, visit theodysseyonline.com.
Odyssey’s engineering team represents the brain behind our Platform. Every member of the tech team plays a key role in defining, building, and maintaining the platform.
At Odyssey, our culture is at the heart of our company and your career potential is unlimited. The Odyssey offers a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off, and flex hours. All benefits listed are subject to change. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer.
Read more about us at theodysseyonline.com/about/
Interested parties should email resumes to email@example.com