Abigail Barlow Is A Literal Certified Badass

Because sometimes you just gotta stop for a minute and appreciate a badass woman.

11

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past three months, I'm sure you've heard of the new Netflix show, "Bridgerton."

If you haven't seen the show yet then don't even bother reading the rest of this article until you've watched the first season.

And, if you're on TikTok, then I'm sure you've seen videos of Barlow and her creative partner, Emily Bear, creating "Bridgerton the Musical."

This amazing recreation of the show has taken TikTok by storm and it continues to do so as Barlow and Bear release more songs and other content.

The truly unique feature of this musical comes from how fans are able to share their input with the creators. Barlow routinely goes live on TikTok to work on the tracks with Bear, and together they brainstorm with fans to see what works and what doesn't. Not many creators take the time and initiative to do that, so this has certainly become a one-of-a-kind musical. Sure, Ratatouille the Musical came from TikTok too, but many creators collaborated on that show, while "Bridgerton the Musical" is solely being created by Barlow and Bear. Their unique perspectives will bring new light to Bridgerton that fans will be able to lay eyes on long before the show has been completed.

Of course, Barlow isn't just a "Bridgerton" fanatic. She is also a vocalist who has released not one, but two songs since the beginning of 2021 and in my (completely unprofessional) opinion they are AMAZING. Do yourself a favor and go stream "Ragdoll" and "Future Ex" right now,... don't worry, I'll wait.

Alright, good, now that you've heard the vocals of an angel it's time to explain why Abigail Barlow should be your #wmw (is that even still a thing) for the rest of time. Aside from the fact that she is insanely funny, a great dancer, and extremely connected with her fanbase, Barlow has also been releasing music since 2017. Now with the huge amount of coverage that her musical adaption of "Bridgerton" is bringing in, Barlow's songs are finally starting to get the exposure that they deserve.

Barlow's songs from 2020 are proof that, even in quarantine, creativity can thrive.

Her music from last year explores love, loss, substance abuse, and self-esteem, all of which are highly relatable topics. Those eight songs could probably get you through just about anything, and there's no better time to test out that theory than right now since we're all stuck at home. We both know you need to stop doom-scrolling anyways, so go give her music a chance.

Keep an eye out for more content from Barlow, "Bridgerton" or otherwise, as she continues to thrive in 2021. At the very least I bet she'll finally give you the inspiration that you need to go make yourself a real dinner or re-binge Bridgerton since her songs are just that powerful.