A Letter To My Ex

A Letter To My Ex

Hey, Ex. Long time no talk. I know we ended things pretty badly - fighting, bashing, the whole nine yards. But, I've grown and I'm sure you have to, so it's time we discuss things.

458

We dated for most of our high school career, and it was okay. Of course you have the drama of high school, the means girls, the parties. But, we made it work, for awhile. We grew apart and that's okay, it happens. But, that's for the end of this letter. Let's talk about the relationship first.

When we got together, I was definitely not in a good place. I had just gotten over an eating disorder, had a bad outlook on relationships, and that was when my depression took a major toll on me. That's a lot for any one person to handle, and I'm sorry it was all put on you. No 16-year-old boy should have to deal with a 16-year-old girl who hates everything about herself and expects the absolute worst.

But, that doesn't mean it's okay to bring my levels down even more. I get it, nobody is perfect, but come on! Making me feel crazy for you flirting with every girl you see? Not wanting to follow your every command? You cannot get mad at me for that, but you did. You made me feel like all I was good for was to follow orders given to me by my boyfriend. You made me lose myself. But, that's not what this letter is about. This is me thanking you.

Thank you. Because you made me feel so low, you helped me to appreciate when someone does treat me the way I deserve. You helped me realize to not waste my time on someone who won't accept me for how I am - anxiety flaws and all. You helped me to see that nobody is perfect, that everyone has demons, and it's okay (that I realized after we broke up). Thank you so much for breaking up with me and pretty much deleting me from your life. Because you so easily dropped me, I was able to drop you and not really look back.

I know, we had our issues when we broke up. You started dating someone new, someone who wanted to fight me. And, I rubbed it in your face when a new guy would hit me up.

We were petty towards one another and I really don't know if we will ever talk again, but I had to say this. I had to thank you, because for almost two years, you were my world. You made me happy at times, and I cannot take that away.

So, thank you. I hope you find someone who makes you as happy as my current boyfriend makes me. I want you to find the love that I have found. Thank you for your help shaping me.