A Message from an Isolated Country

My dear reader, as I write this the glorious painted murals of the Capitol have been sitting in fear. The intricate paintings of liberators and revolutionaries, explorers and presidents sitting in a shuttered building on Capitol Hill. The building that held joy and tears, triumph and struggle- it was our object of national pride that someday we will be like Italy, France, and be known for a rich cultural heritage.

Of course we have that, so does every country in the world! But for 19th century USA, Western Europe was our role model and in a way still is. While no country is perfect, these were countries that are our closest allies and shutting the door to any country is wrong- especially your deepest friends.

Alas, it is interesting the United Kingdom has coronavirus also but for some reason our president felt that it was more imperative closing the door on Poland- a nation where thousands of Americans are emigrating to.

One of the first signs a relationship is bad is when the partner encourages you to block your old friends and not to talk to them anymore. Intentionally this is what this ban is doing- instead of containing a virus, this is specifically focused on countries that Americans left of the president want to be like, and countries that the president seems to have a grudge against.

This is an example of politics- and petty politics at that taking a hold of a nation's policy. It has happened to every nation, and is happening to us. Don't get me wrong- we must contain the coronavirus and of course we must address public health. But banning our allies from the country is not the way to do it- especially when it is apparent other allies of ours with just as much corona if not more are still allowed in.

Mr. President, I implore you to stop playing politics and start addressing the suffering of the people. I have seen the shelves depraved of food, the prices escalating faster than a child can run. Our patria is in panic, and this is only separating us from the world and leaving us alone. Instead of working with France, Italy and our friends on resolving the crises we have closed the shutters much like the shutters of that glorious building are closed. Mr. President, I realize you probably would never read this but please I implore you again to open up the shutters and talk with the top scientists of the world about this issue. We as a nation cannot stand alone, but are part of a greater puzzle of the world and humanity. Instead of picking petty fights and "blocking" our allies, lets discuss this issue.