Looking Back To A Year Ago, Life Is Very Different

At the end of each year, I can't believe that it has gone by so quickly. It's always time for reflection and to see how far I've come. So many amazing things have happened, but also not so many great things too. Each year is a time for growth, and the good and bad happens to us all.

Last year at this time, I had just finished my first semester of college. I was feeling amazing for conquering living on my own, making new friends, and doing well in school. Looking ahead to 2018 I knew it was going to be a great year, I could feel it.

I had so many great opportunities presented to me this year. I became President for Odyssey and a programmer for a club on campus. I set my mind to do certain things and I accomplished them.

For my sophomore year, I was going to be living with my best friends in a beautiful new dorm. We have a great time and are always laughing about something. There is a never dull moment and I couldn't be happier to have them as my roommates.

I had another amazing summer at the beach. This time spending it with our new neighbors who happen to be family. It was a summer I won't ever forget.

I got to see some amazing concerts with even more amazing friends. Whether I was working them for SCPAB and seeing Jesse McCartney, my childhood crush, live in person. Or simply part of the audience watching Ed Sheeran perform on stage. They were experiences I'll never forget.

Of course, it wouldn't have been a year without some hardships. There were breakdowns over grades, drama, and anything else. You don't feel the full effect of things until you're away from home and dealing with all of this.

I learned from my mistakes, as we all do. I grew from them and the hardships it put me through made me stronger in the end. At the time I wasn't appreciative of these obstacles, but I grew from them and learned how to be a stronger person because of it.

2018 seems to have gone by so quickly in a blink of an eye. Looking back on the memories and experiences I shared, I couldn't be more grateful. It was truly an incredible year.

Looking ahead to 2019, I can't wait to see what it has for me. I'm taking exciting classes and have new opportunities opening for me. It obviously won't be a year without having to navigate some obstacles, but I'm ready for anything it can throw me.