An Open Letter To Incoming College Freshmen

It goes by fast.

10

It seems like just yesterday I was a high school senior - full of hope and excitement for my future in college.

And now it is May of my Freshmen year, I have a full year under my belt and boy did it fly by.

I know each and every one of you is ready to be done with high school and your hometowns, but trust me when I tell you a big part of you will end up missing these things.

Believe me when I tell you I wanted to go far, far away from my hometown. I was done with every aspect of high school and of my small hometown, but with each day on my own I felt a longing for the innocence and dependency that came with being in high school.

Each day of my freshmen year I was learning a new life lesson, making a new mistake. It was not always easy, it really wasn't but I would not change one bit of it.

Now, I am getting older and more independent, as the days fly by I can't help but reminisce on when it was easy, but that isn't part of life.

Life is hard, but that is how you grow as a person and prepare yourself for the big person world.

With all this being said, don't rush away from where you are right now and enjoy every second of it - because it goes by so fast.

One blink of the eye and it will be time to graduate and move on...