A Guide to Selfcare: What You Need to Know

Self care is a topic that is everywhere these days. Many influencers, brands and individuals are touting new products and brands that claim to solve a particular problem with no effort made by the user.

24
A Guide to Selfcare

Self care is a topic that is everywhere these days. Many influencers, brands and individuals are touting new products and brands that claim to solve a particular problem with no effort made by the user. Unfortunately, while there are many products that are extremely effective in helping with skin care and other health issues, self care ultimately comes down to you learning and understanding what your body needs.

There are a few umbrella areas that are essential to creating a healthy self care routine. The primary things you'll want to pay attention to are your skin health, mental health, gut health and age related problems that require chronic care. An effective self care routine will pay attention to all of these aspects, working together to promote a healthier lifestyle that will ensure your body is working at its fullest potential.

Our collective understanding of self care is much deeper now than it ever has been in history. The human race has, for many decades, taken body and mind care for granted. The reality is, we all need to take our physical and mental health into consideration, down to the smallest details. That means that even something as simple as a skin care routine can have huge effects on someone's mental state. The better you feel about how you look and how you can care for future blemishes and acne can empower an individual to help them feel more confident and comfortable. This article will cover a few different products that may help manage skin care issues such as acne, skin tags, dryness and lack of elasticity.

Scarring

One of the most common skin care issues that people seek a solution for is acne scarring. Severe acne afflicts a great deal of the population, and when not properly treated and cared for it can cause long term scarring. This can be frustrating for those experiencing it and can leave them feeling out of control of their own appearance. To minimize the appearance of acne scars over time, treatment with products that promote healing and color correction are the way to go. Today, there are a number of natural solutions available that far surpass toxic chemical blends in the usual acne care products. These often contain chemicals that damage the skin rather than nourish it.

Skin Tags

Skin tags can be painful and obnoxious to deal with. Any unwanted skin condition can leave someone feeling down and out of control, and having to make a doctor's appointment for such a benign condition is equally as frustrating. Thankfully, a skin tag remover is a relatively easy product to come by. Hempvana makes a fantastic product that dries the legion off leaving the skin behind smooth and unharmed. This product is the same as the one seen on TV infomercials, and remains one of the most effective skin tag removal products on the market. Take your skin back into your own control by removing those annoying skin tags.

Preventative Care

Part of taking care of yourself is recognizing the potential for your health to decline as you get older. It's a natural part of life, but is never easy to deal with for the person going through it. For seniors facing conditions that cause cognitive impairment such as dementia, there is no reason that there shouldn't be effective preventative care for seniors to support them and offer a higher quality of life. It's important to pay attention to these symptoms before they escalate to allow for nurse practitioners and care services to get ahead of the issues the patient is facing and provide high quality support for them.

This can make the difference in quality of life for seniors. Seniors deserve care that pays attention to their needs and anticipates what they might need in the future, while also giving them tools to help themselves.

Collagen Supplements

As we get older, our skin loses its elasticity. This can happen quickly for some and slowly for others, but there is an easy way to prevent and slow this process down. It's a supplement called collagen! There are many easy ways to take collagen supplements, like in powder or pills depending on how you prefer to ingest them. Powders can be great in smoothies, and pills can be great for those that don't need a snack but still want to benefit from healthier skin. The only downside to supplement pills is that they can be slightly more difficult to digest than a pure powder, but are great for those that don't want to deal with mixing their supplements with something else.

Personal Hygiene

Staying clean is one of the most important parts about self care! Keeping clean and being on top of hygiene helps our bodies feel fresh, awake and prevents irritating skin conditions like rashes, dry spots and lesions. Typical soaps have a generic sort of smell and feel to them, and aren't always the most efficient or exciting thing to use. A unique and fragrant body wash can be a great way to spice up your self care routine and make you excited to hop in the shower knowing you will smell and feel your best when you get out. Sometimes the best thing to do for yourself and your self care routine is to turn it into a treat by using products that both make you feel great and keep you squeaky clean.

At Home Tests

Direct to consumer businesses in the healthcare industry have made self care so much easier for public consumers. Before today, patients would have to make specialist appointments for small, menial tests that could easily be done by nurse practitioners or lab specialists. An at home health test for allergies, food intolerance and hormone levels can help patients understand their bodies and symptoms so they are that much more informed on how to care for themselves. Of course, professional medical treatment should always be sought in addition to at-home care and tests, but these options open the doors of understanding for how we as humans can further understand our bodies and how to take care of them.

Self care is becoming more and more at the forefront of conversations surrounding work, life and the quality of our experiences. Caring for ourselves is directly related to how we feel and how confident we are to tackle new challenges and live our lives to the fullest degree possible. In retrospect, the human race has long ignored many essential parts of taking care of our bodies and minds. We are seeing now how that has worn down our society and culture and a new perspective is needed to move forward. We have to collectively understand that skin care, mental health care, and food are all essential pieces to how we experience the world. Not just issues to be solved and then swept under the rug. Self care is a journey, not just for the individual, but for the entire human race. These care tips are a start to that journey for anyone wanting more insight and information into what amazing services are becoming available in a world of new and exciting technology, science and medicine.