A College Girl's Guide To Attainable New Year's Resolutions

New decade, new resolutions, new you!

74

New Year's resolutions are hard! Every time the clock strikes twelve on New Year’s Eve, you can hear all your friends talking about the great new things they plan to do during the upcoming year.

I'm going skydiving.

Well, I'm going to lose 40 lbs by the end of the year.

I really should write that book I have always wanted to write.

Then the next year flies by, and did your friends actually do anything they said they were going to accomplish? No, they did not! (Well... some of your friends might have completed their goals, but for this article, we are going to assume most did not.) Some reasons that they didn't reach their goals is because they were too time consuming, not attainable, or just unrealistic.

For the start of a new decade, it is important to choose a few small New Year's resolutions that perhaps have a degree of difficulty but are still attainable. The point of resolutions is to make a firm decision to do something. You want to feel the satisfaction of completing your resolution, so be reasonable and choose something you know can be accomplished in a years time. Here are some options for your 2020 New Year's Resolution:

1. Work Out One Day More Than You Usually Do

https://www.publicdomainpictures.net/en/view-image.php?image=202426&picture=fit-belly-and-tape-measure

Make a fitness goal that's attainable to you. An example of this is to try adding an extra day of fitness to your routine.

2. Read One New Book

https://www.pexels.com/photo/fashion-woman-girl-women-34075/

For book lovers, this is an easy one. But for non-avid readers, this could be a hard accomplishment.

3. Cook Something New

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellaolsson/43779455482/in/photolist-29GD9RY-9kah52-9jSW3q-bmaBDd-27rKbS5-zBZUof-HFBd1U-Jwmn6D-A1Ywex-7zeEtH-26XTSV5-7BTdmB-WgX9gu-7vbuVa-9dE7Q2-7BWZqj-7g5iLJ-QQgNYG-yA926a-v2eDJi-2hZsizu-21pTqed-7vfiZj-dMGqC3-9kagPK-dxiqAc-5UMEyD-2gJntv5-cYgDhY-pmPsBk-vNoN6

Try a different recipe you had your eyes on!

4. Go On A Weekend Trip

https://www.pexels.com/photo/drive-empty-highway-lane-210112/

Instead of a trip to the Maldives, pick a reasonable weekend trip somewhere you can drive to or has a short flight. Maybe see a state park or visit a new city!

5. Get A Makeover

New hair and a mani-pedi, and you'll be a new you! A hairstyle is a great new way to express yourself for the next year.

I hope these resolution ideas helped you for the New Year. Happy 2020!