A Christmas Thank You

A Christmas Thank You

To all you've read my articles over the last three and a half years, this is for you.

10
A Christmas Thank You

I started writing on The Odyssey back in July of 2016 and I've been writing ever since. I've written about films, comics, video games, books, and any odd idea that's crossed my mind. I've also shared my personal tastes in art, music, and movies and why they spoke to me on a personal level. However, on this holiday, this article is for all of the people who've had the fortune (or misfortune) to stumble upon my work and read some of it. To all of you I say, Thank You.

During this time of year we look at what we have to be thankful for and look forward to what the future will, hopefully, bring us. I'm thankful for all the wonderful people who were willing to listen to what I had to say. I'm thankful to The Odyssey for granting me the opportunity to write for them. I'm thankful for my friend Stephen who used to write for The Odyssey and helped get my foot in the door. I'm thankful for all the wonderful people who work at The Odyssey who gave me tips and advice on how to be a better writer.

These past three years have been very interesting for me. I graduated college and got a job working for a theater chain. I welcomed a niece and nephew into my life, both of which always bring me a smile (or an exacerbated sigh when they get into trouble). I also deal with mild depression from time to time, but its people like my friends, family, and all my readers that help me get through it. The past few years have been a roller coaster of good and bad for everyone (mostly bad after 2016), but we will all find a way through it and help each other build a better future.

We all look to the future at this time of year and hope for a brighter one. I have no idea what the future will bring for me. Like many, I hope it brings nothing but happiness, but I'm not naive enough to expect it. I know the future will throw quite a few curve balls at me and make that bright future an even harder struggle to obtain than it was before. But you never give up or give in. If you try to achieve your dreams you might not reach them, but if you don't even try you definitely won't reach them.

I'm saying all of this in the hope that it will inspire all of you to do better in work and life. It was my intent to give a little something back to all of you in gratitude for your readership (that and it's Christmas Eve and I don't want to spend time researching for a typical topic). This was just me rambling about the past few years of my life and a hopeful future, but I do hope that the people who read my work get something out of it that will enhance their lives in some way. Once again I say thank you and happy holidays.