Amy Oestreicher on Odyssey Amy Oestreicher
Amy Oestreicher

Amy Oestreicher

Username: amyo

Joined in August 2017

• About

Amy Oestreicher is a PTSD peer-to-peer specialist, artist, author, writer for Huffington Post, speaker for TEDx and RAINN, health advocate, survivor, award-winning actress, and playwright, sharing the lessons learned from trauma through her writing, mixed media art, performance and inspirational speaking.

As the creator of the Gutless & Grateful, her one-woman autobiographical musical, she's toured theatres nationwide, after it's NYC Broadway-World nominated debut in 2012. along with a program combining mental health advocacy, sexual assault awareness and Broadway Theatre for college campuses and international conferences. Her original, full-length drama, Imprints, premiered at the NYC Producer's Club in May 2016, exploring how trauma affects the family as well as the individual.

To celebrate her own “beautiful detour”, Amy created the #LoveMyDetour campaign, to help others cope in the face of unexpected events. "Detourism" is also the subject of her TEDx and upcoming book, My Beautiful Detour, available December 2017.

As Eastern Regional Recipient of Convatec’s Great Comebacks Award, she's contributed to over 70 notable online and print publications, and her story has appeared on NBC's TODAY, CBS, Cosmopolitan, Seventeen, Washington Post, among others.

She has devised expressive arts, storytelling and health workshops for conferences nationwide, and is this year's keynote speaker for the Hawaii Pacific Rim International Conference on Diversity and Disability. She is a member o the League of Professional Theatre Women, Theatre Arts Workshop, League for Advancement of New England Storytellers, and CT Cultural Alliance as an actress, playwright and director, Learn the art of navigating beautiful detours: amyoes.com.

Offensive or copyrighted content? Report this User