9 Ways "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" Teaches How to Exercise Self Confidence

This movie is dedicated to the ones who want to be true to themselves.

220
Kulturzeitschrift

The Rocky Horror Picture Show was a movie created for the 'weirdos' on September 25th, 1975. This movie was about self-confidence, body image, love, and living life to the fullest it could be. Because of this movie and the stage productions, I have learned nine things that help with practicing self-confidence throughout the day.

1. Push through your self-limiting beliefs

The mind is our greatest enemy and usually, stands in the way of breaking out of our comfort zones. It will never be easy to push away the inner fears and limits, but taking each one on individually will make the next one easier. Never is it wrong to leave your comfort zone, but remember to do so at your own pace that still makes you happy.

2. Continue to think positively even if it's hard

Don't let the thoughts control your life. They can be overwhelming, but nothing controls you except for yourself. Push through the uneasy ideas and think about the positive things to come.

3. Face your fears

Do some of the things that scare you, because sometimes it will lead to something you could enjoy.

4. Dress in attire daily that makes you feel confident

Dressing in the clothing that makes you feel confident will help the feeling be more apparent throughout the rest of your day and night.

5. Making healthy decisions in regards to food and fitness

When you feel better physically, the easier it is to feel better mentally. Even going to dance classes at the local gym or eating a cup of fruit during lunch can lift someone's mood and that is a feeling everyone enjoys.

6. Indulge in the activities that make you happy daily

The more time you make for yourself, the more comfortable you become with yourself. Doing tasks and activities that make you feel good and happy will reflect on your personality and rest of your day.

7. Listen to empowering music in your spare time

Music has a strong effect on the brain and emotions. The more you listen to the music that speaks to you, the better you will feel about yourself.

8. Surround yourself with people who love you for who you are

People have a great effect on our minds and personality. Make sure the people you surround yourself with respect you and care about your well being.

9. When you need the extra boost, just watch Rocky Horror Picture Show

This movie is dedicated to the ones who want to be true to themselves and live the lives they want that make them feel strong, confident, and happy. Those are the most important things in life and should be exercised by everyone who wants to achieve them.