9 Reasons to Join Odyssey

9 Reasons to Join Odyssey

The top nine reasons why being a writer for Odyssey is decently okay.
3

If your life's goal isn't already to be an Odyssey writer, here's why it should be:

1. Interaction

It's a simple and effective way to interact with your fellow humans. Just post an article and wait for responses. Or respond to someone else's article and wait for them to respond to your response.

2. Productivity

Writing an article for Odyssey is a great way to procrastinate the work you really should be doing, while also feeling like you're being productive. Have a final to study for? Write an article instead, and feel great about it because at least you did something.

3. Setting Goals

And actually accomplishing them, or trying your very hardest to, at least. Setting the goal of writing an article each week keeps you accountable.

4. Reśumé

Feeling inferior to your friends because they are involved in more extracurriculars than you are? No? I guess that was just me. Well, if you do feel that way, you can join Odyssey.

5. Freedom

You can write whatever you want with minimal censorship. Wanna write about politics? Pickles? A combination of the two? Be Odyssey's guest.

6. Creativity

Let Odyssey be your creative outlet. Fancy adult coloring books are so 2016. New year, new you, so join Odyssey instead.

7. Reach

Talk to people that you normally wouldn't be able to reach in your average Odyssey-less life. Your article could find its way into the hands (or desks) of people that can have conversations with you and expand your thought on the subject you wrote about.

8. Experience

Gain experience writing articles and researching for those articles. Hone in your writing skills and embrace your inner journalist.

9. Community

Gain a new community to share a different side of yourself with. Make friends that know you as a writer/editor. Talk to them about your inevitable writer's block almost every week, because your other friends will probably get annoyed if you continuously try to bring it up with them.