9 Perks Of Being Sick At Home Vs. At College

It can suck, but there are pros.
89

With all of the stress of my first semester now over, I have now hit the side affect of the exact stress of finals. That is being sick.

I have been sick for about a week now, and I am just thankful that I am able to be home now rather than be stuck in a dorm. I already learned three things out of this. The first thing is that the reason my ears feel clogged is probably my Eustachian tube swollen as a side effect of this hellish cold (I did learn something in my intro to communications disorders class). The second thing is that this isn’t the first time my only option was to be stuck inside for the first part of any holiday break. Spring break my junior year of high school I stayed inside pretty much the first half of it because I had wisdom teeth surgery at the start of break. The third thing and what this article is about is how being sick at home is much better than being sick at college.

1. You have all these resources around you.

2. If you don’t have a kitchen in your dorm (which most don’t), you can just make soup from your home stove.

3. If you need to puke, you don’t have to go to a community hall bathroom.

4. Pets can be your cuddle buddy.

5. You aren’t in a stuffy room risking getting your roommate sick also.

6. Your sibling is probably on break also. Which means they can help you (unless they request a pay).

7. You don’t have to worry about school! You’re on break!

8. Trust that your parents aren’t making you go out to do things.

9. If it’s winter break and you have the house to yourself, WRAP THOSE PRESENTS! SEARCH FOR THOSE UNWRAPPED GIFTS! WATCH CHRISTMAS MOVIES!