9 Must-See Films Of Summer 2018

9 Must-See Films Of Summer 2018

6. "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom"

89
9 Must-See Films Of Summer 2018
Baltimore Sports and Life

We wait all year for summer. It's a season of fun, sun and relaxation. The days are long, the weather is amazing, and it's a welcome break from seven months of hard work at school. In addition to the amazing weather and the plethora of activities that good weather allows, summer is also a prime time to see movies. Winning the summer box office is like winning the Super Bowl in Hollywood. To bring in the big bucks, the major studios fill theaters with blockbusters, superheroes, and sequels. Add to that a few children's movies aimed at older audiences for nostalgia and to bring in young kids who have the summer off from learning, and it's a recipe for economic success. Lucky for us viewers, most of these movies that are aimed at our wallets are actually really enjoyable to watch. This summer of 2018 is dominated by superheroes and nostalgia. Here is a list of 9 must-see films you should check out when you need an air-conditioned break from the summer sun.

1. "Avengers: Infinity War"

The third installment in the Avengers series and 19th Marvel Cinematic Universe film overall, "Avengers: Infinity War" is 10 years in the making. The latest installment will bring together all your favorite heroes from the Avengers to the Guardians of the Galaxy to fight a new threat: Thanos. This superhero extravaganza is not to be missed!

Catch "Avengers: Infinity War" in theaters on April 27!

2. "Deadpool 2"

2016's "Deadpool" took the world by storm as the first R-rated superhero film. Ryan Reynolds was perfection as the wise-cracking, fourth-wall breaking vigilante, and since the first film fans have been begging for a sequel.

Make sure you see the "Deadpool" sequel in theaters on May 18!

3. "Solo: A Star Wars Story"

This film, like its predecessor "Rogue One," is intended to be a stand-alone film in the larger Star Wars universe. This installment is set before the events of "Episode IV: A New Hope" and details the events in the lives of Han Solo leading up to the film. It is being marketed as a "space western" and will feature favorite characters such as Chewbacca and Lando Calrissian.

"Solo: A Star Wars Story" hits theaters on May 25!

4. "Ocean's 8"

This heist-centric film takes the famous "Ocean's 11" and gives it a progressive twist: the film features an all female cast including Anne Hathaway, Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, and Helena Bonham Carter.

"Ocean's 8" comes to theaters on June 8!

5. "Incredibles 2"

I did my waiting... fourteen years of it! The "Incredibles" was released by Disney-Pixar in 2004, and since then we have waiting (rather impatiently) to get a sequel to one of the best films Pixar has made. All I can say is, someone had better get Frozone his super suit because he's going to need it.

This long-awaited sequel comes to theaters on June 15!

6. "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom"

Just when we thought we couldn't get enough Chris Pratt, he thankfully gives us another movie. After he will appear in Infinity War in April, Pratt's sequel to "Jurassic World" will come to theaters nearly two months later. This time around, Pratt is going to need to save the dinosaurs from the island's imminent destruction.

Catch "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" in theaters on June 22!

7. "Ant-Man and the Wasp"

Two superhero films isn't enough, we have to hit the trifecta! This film is another direct installment into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, following April's "Infinity War". It is set after the events of "Captain America: Civil War" and serves as the sequel to 2015's "Ant-Man" and has the honor of being the MCU's 20th film.

Catch the latest MCU installment in theaters on July 6!

8. "Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again"

I apologize for the theme song of the iconic 2008 musical now being stuck in your head for the rest of they day. The romantic-comedy musical will star Meryl Streep, Amanda Seyfried, Lily James, Colin Firth, and Cher. I think the title says it all: "Here we go again..."

See this new musical in theaters on July 20!

9. "Christopher Robin"

If you thought you were sentimental about "Incredibles 2," this film is a true throwback to your childhood. This life action film by Disney brings back all your favorite childhood characters from the Hundred-Acre Wood, including Winnie the Pooh himself! This time, Christopher Robin is all grown up and Pooh and his friends have to help the childhood playmate to regain his sense of imagination.

Make sure you see "Christopher Robin" in theaters on August 3!

These aren't the only films coming out this summer, just some of the biggest tent-pole films and ones that I am most likely to see. Be sure to check out these films and more in theaters this summer!